Are you looking to join a fast-growing team that works with exciting brands? KCP is hiring writers to join our creative writing team.
KCP is independently owned and rapidly expanding to meet the demands of the industries we serve. Based in Canada, we have completed countless projects for some of the leading institutions around the world, spanning a variety of fields.
We are looking for talented and reliable writers that are passionate about developing brands that work. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and research skills.
Ideally, we are looking for men ages 30+ that have significant knowledge of DIY home renovations as you will be writing for a manufacturer of construction adhesives and glue in North America. Our target audience is men that are heavy DIYers so we want writers that can really connect with our audience. Non-target demographic writers are welcome to apply as well.
• Writing 5-15 articles each month (approximately 600-1000 words each)
• Conduct all necessary research to generate meaningful, accurate, and engaging content
• Convince audiences that your creative ideas are worth investing time and effort in
• Incorporating and explaining product information in clear, concise ways to non-technical audiences
• Writing new pieces and editing and rewriting existing content so that it is simple, clear, and on-brand
• Adherence to editorial deadlines is a must
• Able to follow a provided writing template
• 5+ years of working experience writing
• Strong command of the English language is a must
• Experience producing content for websites, as well as blogs, social media etc.
• Knowing what great, engaging content looks like and how to produce it quickly
• Strong writing portfolio of published work
• Ability to take feedback and adjust writing style for different audiences
• A personal interest in DIY home repairs and handyman tasks
What we offer:
-The opportunity to work remotely
- Recurring, stable work on a fixed pay schedule
- Fixed rate, competitive compensation
- Opportunity for advancement within the company as we grow
-Wage is paid hourly, around $25/hr CAD pending on performance and experience
-Working with a supportive, energetic team that enjoys what they do
Interested? Great! We would love to hear from you, see below for the instructions on how to apply. Thanks for checking out our posting. Now, let’s get started!
How to apply:
Submit Cover Letter & Resume as Email Attachments
Write and submit a cover letter outlining your skills and experience in relation to why you are the best fit for the job. Please inform us regarding your work highlights, demonstrated communication ability, formal/informal training, and what sets you apart. Please keep it under 250 words.
Please also submit a resume showing your education/training, work history related to this position, key skills and abilities, as well as the tools of the trade you have access to, such as a computer, software, etc.
Submit a Writing Example as an Email Attachment
You will need to submit a short, one-page, writing example as well. Do not send links to your work, they will not be viewed.
Send applications to [email protected]