As a Digital PR Writer at Awesome Motive, you’re responsible for growing our organic traffic by writing high-quality articles on digital marketing, technology, and small business topics.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- Minimum 2+ years experience as a Content Writer or similar role.
- Mid to high-level understanding of WordPress.
- Mid to high-level understanding of business marketing topics such as content marketing, SEO, and social media.
- Excellent overall writing skills, and ability to adapt to follow different publications’ style guides.
- Impeccable spelling, grammar, and attention to detail.
- Great research and citation of sources.
- High comprehension of software like Google Docs.
- An understanding of formatting articles on the web.
- Familiarity with keyword placement and other SEO best practices.
- Skilled in making technical or advanced information simple to understand for non-technical individuals and beginners.
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and timelines and meet all deadlines.
- Excel in a team environment and be able to communicate clearly with your peers.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and naturally curious to learn new things.
Nice-to-have but not required:
- Experience with ghost writing and/or guest posting.
- Having your own WordPress blog.
- PR or sales experience.
- Brainstorm and pitch topic ideas, keeping in mind the needs and guidelines of independent publications
- Write 8-10 articles per week (wordcount varies but typically around 800-1,000 words)
What we offer:
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Health Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Mid and end of year discretionary bonuses and yearly raises.
- Flexible Schedule – Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- After one year with the company: 30 calendar days paid maternity/paternity leave, and up to 60 calendar days total time off with position guaranteed.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that makes a difference.
- Custom Branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application here: https://awesomemotive.com/digital-pr-writer-remote/
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch within a few days.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!