Revision Path is an award-winning platform that showcases Black web designers, graphic designers, and digital creatives in the design community. If you are passionate about design, digital art, illustration, or any related design topics for our audience, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for someone with sharp editorial skills and a lot of personal initiative to write long-form, in-depth articles about a number of different topics that relate to our diverse audience of designers, developers, and other influencers.
We like people who are excited about design but can also think critically about how design impacts society, culture, and other topics. This position’s tasks will consist of a good mix of research, reporting/interviewing, communication with the editor-in-chief, and of course, writing on deadline. This is a remote freelance position.
- You have an aptitude for editing, producing and writing stories for the Web, an understanding of how to attract and engage a digital audience, and have a journalistic sensibility for seeking out stories that need to be told.
- You have at least two years of previous online blogging or writing experience, along with experience using WordPress and Google Docs.
- You are comfortable with pitching ideas in addition to taking editorial assignments.
- You can easily produce two (2) articles per month of at least 1,000 words each.
- You have an excellent command of the English language, including grammar, spelling, usage, and mechanics.
- You have a genuine interest and good level of knowledge about design, the design community and/or related design topics.
- You are active on social media and not shy about sharing your work.
We only publish high-quality, well-written, original articles that relate to the Revision Path audience. Please review some of the articles on our blog (and listen to some of our podcast episodes) to get an idea of the types of topics that are covered.
(NOTE: Applicants which do not follow the application instructions exactly will be rejected.)