Purpose of this Position:
The Technical Writer is responsible for creating internal and external technical documents explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner. Research and work with subject matter experts to ensure accuracy of documentation.
Essential Functions: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Collaborate with TAC and PMO teams to develop client templates for all offered frameworks to include complete manuals of information security policies and procedures for clients.
- Maintain manuals of policies and procedures with all current information as regulatory frameworks are routinely updated
- Assess and develop documentation for internal RSI policies and procedures.
- Review and revise client technical reports, user guides for testing tools, and instructional guides for scans and other various tools and technologies.
- Develop written forms, workflows, and templates as needed.
- Support the sales team as a SME (subject matter expert).
- Attend conferences and tradeshows to promote and provide expertise on brand, cybersecurity news, and company offerings.
- Conduct research and create white pages, case studies, website content, blog content, graphics, and PR items.
- Maintain manuals of policies and procedures with all current information as regulatory frameworks are routinely updated.
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Strategic Planning
- Customer Service
- Quality Assurance
- Interpersonal Skills
- Analytical Skills
Required Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in technical writing, preferably in the cybersecurity or IT industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, English, Communications, or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge of Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Empathetic, enthusiastic and effective communicator with strong rapport building skills
- High degree of flexibility with the ability to work in a small, fast-paced environment
- Thorough and detail-oriented, organized, with excellent time management skills
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and evaluate current and new tools
- Self-starter who can work independently with a proactive attitude
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in technical writing in the cybersecurity or IT industry
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Office environment can vary with noise levels and stress, from low to moderate. This position also occassionally works from client sites, which can vary on a day-to-day basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to push, move, lift or otherwise bear 10-15lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, salaried position, and regular hours of work and days to be worked are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.; however, this position can regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work depending on the needs of the business.
Travel is primarily local, but overnight travel may be required. Travel amount <25%
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Must have an active driver’s license. Must submit to a background check as a contingency for the position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable):
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Each candidate is required to comply with federal and local laws and authorization will be checked through E-verify.
RSI Security prohibits discrimination or harassment based on the following categories: race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, protected medical leaves (requesting or approved for leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act or the California Family Rights Act), domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.