The Doodle Team is a fast-paced, highly autonomous environment where passion, craft, and teamwork meet to make using Google more delightful. As a Creative Writer on the Doodle Team, words are your tools to build love and trust with our users. Working closely with other writers, designers, engineers, researchers, and producers, you’ll be working on a wide range of content for the Google assistant. Content will include but not be limited to conversational responses, instructions, dialogue, stories, jokes, and games delivered through multiple Google products. Success will be measured both in terms of quantity (number of strings to write) and quality (we will be doing extensive user tests & to measure engagement).
Top 3 daily responsibilities
- Write/edit editorial responses for Google Assistant.
- Review translated editorial responses
- QA editorial responses
- Creative writing and editing for dialogue, user interaction, character development.
- Support the editorial team writing/editing needs.
- BA in Writing, or professional experience equivalent.
- 2+ years experience writing dialogue for plays/screenplays, fiction/interactive fiction, and/or comedy/entertainment.
- 5+ years experience as a writer for a mass consumer audience.
- Native language speaker in one of the following languages:
French, Italian, Spanish (from Mexico), Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (from Brazil)
- Fluent in English.
- Expert creative writing skills.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
Nice to Have
- Professional experience managing translation at scale.
- Experience & interest in product & game design, design skills, & artificial intelligence.
- Passion for pop-culture and current news.