John McNeil Studio is looking for a Copywriter to join our team in Berkeley, CA. We are a collective of strategists, writers, designers, filmmakers, technologists, musicians, and photographers who help companies tell compelling stories and build brands. We love digital but embrace print. We are founded in aesthetics, but also in utility. We make things that make brands grow.
Every project we take on represents an opportunity to build a brand, whether it’s a global campaign theme or an online banner. We need a writer who consistently delivers sound strategic thinking and powerful creative content.
- Write compelling and effective advertising campaigns for all mediums: digital, print, video, experiential, etc.
Write great headlines, great body copy.
- Bring a positive, inquisitive attitude to every assignment, recognizing it as an opportunity to build a brand and demonstrate your talents as a creative thinker.
- Work well with other copywriters, designers, art directors, strategists, project managers, producers, and programmers.
- 3+ years of proven agency experience.
Excellent writing and storytelling skills: the ability to develop and drive ideas that inspire clients and creative teams.
- A portfolio that shows good solid campaign work—in multiple media.
- Self-starter with strong worth ethic: willing to work hard, collaborate with colleagues and look for ways to solve challenges.
This is a mid-level role and an amazing opportunity to gain experience and grow your career. To apply please visit johnmcneilstudio.bamboohr.com/jobs and send samples of your best work (not just a link—point us to the best of the best), including a resume and cover letter. This is a full-time position which includes a generous benefits package including healthcare benefits, FSA and 401k. No phone calls about the job. Due to the high number of applicants, we will not be able to respond to each email.