About the Role:
Well Woven is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, versatile wordsmith and brand freelance writer to join our team as a contract Copywriter, reporting to our Brand & Marketing Leads and available to support multiple projects.
As a part of the Well Woven team, you will be a content generator who is comfortable writing in various formats including long form articles, emails, Ads, social media posts and website graphics. You should have a love for following trends in various verticals including home goods, lifestyle, interior design, rugs, and world moments or events — and you should also be able to turn around relevant, timely content on those topics. In addition to writing, we are looking for an individual who can either visually conceptualize or create dynamic content formats, including infographics, videos, social media stories and the like. This role will report to the Content Management Team and will be a critical member of a small team of creative and passionate self starters.
NOTE: While we are a New York City (Manhattan) based company, due to the coronavirus pandemic, it will operate as a remote going forward.
- Write and optimize digital articles on a daily basis.
- Sourcing and creating informative, clever, engaging phrases and quotes for social posts
- Create email campaign and advertisement copy with short, snappy, headlines with calls to action
- Contribute to editorial planning meetings and brainstorms (as requested) in order to maintain consistency in the brand voice and persona
- Be aware of retail trends, movements, and understand the sentiment of the audience at all times.
- Support management when analyzing content performance in order to better deliver content moving forward and capitalize on the copy that is working well - build more!
- Ensure SEO is accounted for in all supported content
- Copy editing as needed
- Passion for understanding the audience and creating excitement for them on their journey with inviting a Well Woven Rug into their home.
- Versatility as a writer: You can be long-winded and vanilla, or craft a perfectly irreverent, laugh-out-loud two-word caption.
- Fantastic communication and ability to put yourself in the reader's shoes
- 3+ years experience creating content for brands and/or publishers.
- Attention to detail and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Basic familiarity with SEO best practices and analytics tools (like Google Analytics)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to adapt voice as needed.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required and a clear understanding of the US culture and communications tones.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, writing, communications or related field preferred.
If selected to move forward, you will be asked to provide a few writing samples as well as a writing assignment.
We very much look forward to speaking with you soon- The Well Woven Team!