Grizzle is an organic growth agency that helps B2B, SaaS, and tech companies create and distribute actionable and value-driven content. Clients include CXL, Pipedrive, Web.com, Yac, and Tide. Our goal is to help them surpass their traffic, lead generation, and growth goals using a proven content marketing methodology.
About the job
We’re looking for a talented freelance copyeditor to work with us on an ongoing basis. We’ll provide you with a steady stream of interesting work, a process to empower you to edit at the top of your game and ongoing support from our editorial team.
Benefits of working with us
We’ve created a killer content marketing methodology that helps our clients get thousands of visitors to their blogs every month. We started Grizzle to help B2B marketing teams make audiences fall in love with them. Our content often ranks on page one in highly competitive markets and we’re proud of helping our clients grow.
But we’re not a content farm. We take the time to create high-quality content that’s full of unique insights and value-adds. We’re not trying to replicate what’s already out there—anyone can do that. Every piece of content must have a purpose. If an audience doesn’t feel empowered, we haven’t done our job.
If our mission aligns with your values, here are a few other benefits of joining our team:
- Long-term, steady, and reliable freelance retainer
- Learn about content marketing, SEO, and digital PR
- Work with cool companies in interesting industries
- Access to awesome people
- Improve your own marketing skills
- Work with a fully remote team
- Access to our internal content and marketing courses
Here’s what you’ll be doing
We expect our editors to go beyond fixing simple grammatical mistakes. Rather, our copyeditors must have a keen eye to spot missed opportunities, places for value-adds, and moments where the explanation can go deeper and, most importantly, execute them.
That means it’s your job to dissect the content on both a micro and macro level. It needs to align with our client's needs and follow their guidelines, speak to the target audience in the right way, look and sound great, and be optimized for on-page SEO.
Even though our writers are given everything they need to research and write long-form blog posts that are full of detailed examples, actionable insights and paragraphs that drive points home, our editors are there to sense-check everything and level-up content from 80% to 90% and beyond.
Our editorial process includes:
- Marking up the document
- Proofreading to guarantee it’s error-free
- Ensuring the structure, voice and tone match the provided guidelines
- Identifying missed opportunities for internal links, unique quotes and value adds
- Auditing sources and citations
- Checking for plagiarism
- Certifying that the final draft includes everything from the outline
- Arranging the content in the most captivating, concise and appealing way
- Optimizing for on-page SEO
Once hired, you’ll be given access to a detailed training module that explains exactly how to do everything outlined above—chock full of examples and lessons.
We’re looking for copyeditors who:
- Love fixing any and all grammatical errors
- Can write in a clear, concise manner (e.g. active vs. passive voice)
- Understands on-page SEO and how to optimize to include unused keywords and themes
- Recognizes what separates value-driven content from the crowd
- Knows how to dig deep into statistics to find the best (and most original) sources
- Is extremely well organized and can work to deadlines
- Can communicate in a consistent and reliable manner
We pay our freelance copyeditors between $50 and $65 per hour depending on experience.
Important: please apply on this page, otherwise we may not see your application: https://jobs.polymer.co/grizzle/26352