Passionate about using your content skills to craft epic, share-worthy pieces?
Concerned less with clickbait and more with quality and connecting with an audience?
Then we want to hear from you!
Foundr Magazine is a media platform for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. Over 1 million entrepreneurs consume our content every month for advice on startups, entrepreneurship, marketing and growth. Our magazine covers have featured people such as Sir Richard Branson, Arianna Huffington, Seth Godin, Tony Robbins and many more game-changing founders.
We are looking for several writers to add to our team to craft online blog content for our large audience.
We are not just looking for great writers. We are looking for people who will be able to write content that aligns with our brand voice. We also like to publish transparent, authentic content, which means we would like our writers to have practical experience in the topics they write about so they can write from personal experience.
We are looking for writers who have experience in one or more of these areas:
- Ecommerce - bonus points if you have practical experience starting and running an ecommerce store, manufacturing products and marketing your store.
- Email marketing
- Content marketing
- Securing money as an entrepreneur (investing, crowdfunding, etc.)
- Social media marketing (Instagram/Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube)
- Social advertising (Instagram/Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube)
- Creating online courses and/or digital products
- Traffic and growth tactics (SEO, PPC, FB ads, etc.)
- Sales funnels
- Accounting and finance for entrepreneurs
- Freelancing, coaching and consulting
- Lifehacks for entrepreneurs to live more productive, fulfilling lives
***PREFERRED: We are looking for writers with ACTUAL experience (not just in writing about the topics) in any of the above areas.
If you don't have personal experience in these areas, but you think you can speak to our audience with your expertise, feel free to apply.
Duties and responsibilities
- Write 1-4 epic, long-form blog posts a month (word count: minimum 2,000 words) to be promoted to our audience of hundreds of thousands of subscribers and 1.8M+ social followers. Your articles will be bylined.
- Occasionally, write a ghostwritten post (as needed) to be published on a high DA (domain authority) external blog
- Brainstorm and come up with blog topics as needed. Most times, we will provide the topic and keywords, but we may ask for topics as well. You will be required to submit an outline and get it approved before writing your piece.
- Source quotes from experts, when needed
- You love serving and helping people with your content (That’s what we're all about!)
- Copywriting chops and knowledge on how to craft content to cause a reader to take action; experience with creating compelling headlines and sub-headlines without click-baiting
- Knowledge of the startup world and building and scaling online businesses
- Experience with the art of constructing long-form articles to keep readers on the page
- Experience writing actionable content with lots of examples
- Open to constructive criticism and feedback
- You work well independently and you religiously meet deadlines
Instructions on how to apply:
---> Send an email to [email protected] with the subject line: Content Writer for Foundr
- Please list your LinkedIn profile and your website (if you have them) and also include samples of your work (preferably long-form samples that relate to startups/entrepreneurs and/or the topics we posted above).
- In your opinion, what are the top 3 most important qualities of epic, share-worthy content?
Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you!