We’re an internet publishing company from Ireland, operating several informational and educational websites in different niches.
We need the help of a great writer with a DIY background and know-how to help us publish more well-written and well-researched content.
About the work
This is a steady, monthly engagement in which you’ll be writing an agreed amount of content each month.
Typically, our writers write anything from 4000 to 10000 words per month (2-8 long-form pieces) depending on their availability. (Worth of note, we prefer to agree on a flat word quota and stick to it each month rather than adjust it each month to match your availability. So, if you agree to write 6000 words of content for us, we will schedule that much for you each month.)
When it comes to the actual content production, we have an internal process that makes everything run smoothly. We will provide training and onboarding to help you get up to speed as quickly as possible, of course.
In short, the process works like this:
- You receive content ideas and briefs (with SEO instructions, SERP analysis, preferred format, etc. as well) at the start of each month. So, you always know upfront what content to write each week.
- You create an outline for each piece and send it for review.
- Upon sign-off by an editor, you go ahead and write the piece following our processes and structures (you will be trained in those beforehand, of course.)
- The editor makes their comments, if any, and asks for any revisions, again, if any. After that, we take over the piece, tweak the on-page optimization, if necessary, and publish the content.
It’s that simple.
So, whom are we looking for?
First of all, we are looking for writers with DIY and construction experience. It’s OK if you are not a professional builder. However, if you’ve never conducted any major DIY work, this gig is not for you.
Also, because our target is the US audience, we need someone familiar with construction methods used in the States. Ideally, you live or have lived and did some DIY work there.
Finally, and leaving DIY aside, we need a writer who understands SEO. To work with us, you must know how to write a superbly engaging piece of content AND how also to weave on-page optimization there. We will, of course, provide you with primary and secondary keywords, LSIs, and the SERP analysis, but we expect you to be able to use it and take the optimization to the next level.
Here’s a breakdown of the skills we’re looking for in successful candidates:
- You are a writer with an engaging tone and can explain issues, problems, and solutions well. Our goal is to educate our readers, after all.
- You have practical experience in DIY. Sorry but just finding other posts on the topic and rewriting sections from there won’t cut it here.
- You do a lot of research and always find data and proof to back up any claims you make.
- You are detail-oriented. You can prove it to us by using the word soundproofing in the last question of the application.
- You are crazy about deadlines.
- You rock SEO. You don’t have to be an expert, but you know how search engines work and write killer content that they pick up, love, and rank well.
Our hiring process
The first step is you introducing yourself to us, of course. Fill in this form to do so: https://forms.gle/2jpdEZFSPTuwg1436
If your application catches our attention, we will get in touch and schedule a quick intro call to get to know each other and see if we’re a fit. We value personal relationships with the people we work with, and a call is a great way to kick it off on the right foot.
The next step is a fully paid test project. You will get a complete brief, of course, and in this case, we’ll even send you a full outline. All you’ll have to do is deliver an amazing, well-researched, and well-written blog post that will knock our socks off.
If we like what we see, we’ll get you on board.
NOTE - We will only reach out to successful applicants. If you don’t hear from us within two weeks of sending your application, it means that you weren’t successful at this time.