Who are ReferralCandy?
ReferralCandy gives any ecommerce store a referral program by making it easy for shoppers to refer their friends. We recently launched Candybar, a digital punch card program for brick-and-mortar stores to reward customer loyalty and turn customers into repeats and regulars.
The ReferralCandy blog gets 100,000+ visitors a month, and content has been featured in the New York Times, Adweek and Forbes.
What we’re looking for
- Freelance blog contributor
- Each piece will be 1,000 - 1,500 words
- You’ll take a 2-3 sentence description and turn it into a full blog post with headers, links, images and quotes from relevant sources.
- You’ll add images and load it into WordPress
What you’ll write about
- Topics of interest for people who run ecommerce stores; small & medium business owners, not Nike
- No ecommerce experience needed, but you do need to understand marketing.
- What you find genuinely interesting and insightful on each subject. We don’t need a book report -- we want the thinking and perspectives behind decisions, errors and lucky breaks
- We expect you to write in an accessible and easy to skim style -- think Business Insider and Inc.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re a word-of-mouth company, so the best candidates:
- Have examples of content that’s been shared widely on social media
- Are able to inject personality into their content
- Have experience with marketing or ecommerce
Want to work with us?
Please send the below to [email protected] with the subject “RC - Writing for your blog”
- 2-4 blog titles or outlines, based on articles from the ReferralCandy blog or Candybar blog. These should be blogposts that you would be comfortable and ready to write.
- Your name
- Your rates
- Your topic of expertise
- Link to your blog (if you have one)
- Links to previous work that you are proud of
- A link to your social media profiles (Twitter, Quora, any online communities)