Looking for at least 10 entry-level writers who love smart home tech and home automation. You need to be able to research well. No other experience is needed. We don't care if you aren't an SEO expert or have 1000+ hours of work paid for. You must be trainable.
NOTE: It would be good if you were comfortable writing about any other topics like mortgage, gardening, dogs, etc. as well!
- Native English speaker
- Own at least 2 different smart devices (Alexa, Google Home, SmartThings Hub, Schlage Smart Locks, etc.)
What We Need From You:
- You need to be good at researching a variety of topics.
- You need to be good at reading and following directions.
- You need to be trainable. We have pretty specific guidelines. They're relatively easy to learn, though!
- Meet deadlines.
- Watch Training Videos (1 hour total - will be paid one time $10 for this AFTER approving the first article)
- Write awesome, engaging content. 80% informational tone. 20% blog-conversational tone.
We want writers who can communicate with us very often and meet deadlines. We also want writers who are not afraid to ask questions! We are here to help you. If you don't feel confident about something, you are always welcome to ask for help!
In your message, please include the following information:
1) What smart devices you own and what are your favorite features about them? (Smartphones, computers, and tablets are not included; we want smart home tech or home automation relatable devices like an Amazon Echo, SmartThings 3 hub, Ring Video Doorbell, Robot Vacuum Cleaner, etc.). Please try to name at least two!
2) What other topics do you like writing about?
3) What is your favorite song?
Please send prices in your proposal message for each price you would charge for the following word counts:
- 800 words
- 1000 words
- 1250 words
- 2500 words
- 800 words = $8
- 1000 words = $10
- 1250 words = $12.50
- 2500 words = $25
This is a long-term project. There is no end date as of now. We're hoping to find writers to stay with us for the life of the site.