Who We Are
PickleballPit.com is a newly launched site focused on the fastest growing sport in the U.S. Our site is owned by entrepreneurs who have successfully launched and still operate successful sites in other niches. Over the next year, we intend to be a leading hub for pickleball-related content.
What We are Seeking
We are looking for a content writer who understands web writing, SEO best practices, and brand-centered storytelling. You will be responsible for creating articles/blog posts that address our target audience. You will research industry topics and trends, optimize content for organic search, revise and edit pieces, and collaborate with the business owner to ensure brand consistency. Ideal candidates will be creative, strategic, detail-oriented, and able to meet deadlines.
Objectives of This Role
- Produce quality writing that connects with target audiences, boosts engagement, and enhances brand awareness
- Generate pitches based on current events and market trends
- Increase website traffic by following SEO best practices
- Complete writing assignments within project specifications and deadlines
- Market products and services through blog posts, articles and reviews
Skills and Qualifications
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Impeccable use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Creative and strategic-thinking skills
- Proficiency in web-based research and SEO best practices
- Proven experience as a content writer or copywriter with relevant content samples
- Familiarity with SEO keyword research tools
- Ability to collaborate with business owner and receive and give feedback
- Compelling writing style, voice, and tone
- Experience using WordPress (optional)
- Portfolio of relevant writing samples
Scope and Compensation
Initially, we are seeking a candidate who can provide 10 original (non-AI) articles/blog posts of 1200-2000 words. These 10 articles would be provided over a 5 week period (2/week). From there, we will consider a longer-term relationship depending on quality of work.
Pay will be commensurate with experience and ability and will be within the 5 cent/word to 10 cent/word range.