Are you a great writer? Do you enjoy research? Do you love kayaking, and have experience with a wide range of kayak gear and equipment?
Then Kayak Buds needs you!
We are seeking experienced writers to contribute kayak equipment and gear reviews, buyers' guides, and kayaking advice.
This position will allow you to work around your own schedule from home/remotely, pick the article topics that interest you, and showcase your knowledge.
Important: You're required to have a passion for, and knowledge about kayaking to be considered for this project. Please don't apply if you have no interest in kayaking. We need someone familiar with kayaking jargon and lingo.
You will need to research the topics to write content that provides real value, not just a rehash of what you googled on the topic.
Articles written need to be both informative and engaging/fun to read.
HOW IT WORKS:
You choose which topics/articles you would like to write about from our database. Each topic in the database will have an article brief containing details of which keywords should be included and how many times, things to be mentioned, the length of the article and how much will be paid for that article. We use SurferSEO so willingness to comply with the parameters set and experience with this tool will be a big bonus.
Amounts for articles that we pay are listed below (words = amounts):
1000 = $25
1500 = $30
2000 = $35
2500 = $40
3000 = $45
3500 = $50
4000 = $55
4500 = $60
5000 = $65
- You will be paid twice a month (on the 15th and last day of each month) for all articles that have been completed and approved by the editor at that time. All payments are made via PayPal.
- No copied/plagiarized content will be accepted. All articles must pass copyscape 100% even if this means re-wording things like product titles, etc.
- You are willing to make changes based on editorial feedback (we usually find very little change is needed though, due to the detail in our briefs and writing instructions)
- You agree that we'll own exclusive rights to any content produced as part of our collaboration, and that it must not be reused, shared, or published in any other way
Benefits for you
- Get to write about your passion and get paid for it
- Consistent workload every week
- No deadlines (although we expect at least a couple of articles written each month)
- Ability to choose which articles you would like to write and complete them in your own time
- Stable work - there will be at least 50 article briefs added to the database
- We’re a fully digital and remote team, you can work from anywhere and in any timezone as you prefer
- Very clear and precise article briefs and instructions to make it easier to know exactly what is required leaving less room for errors or the need for revisions
How To Apply:
- Send an e-mail to [email protected]
- Use "Kayaking Site Writer" as the subject line.
- Tell us about yourself and express your expertise on the topic of kayaking, if any. How confident are you in writing 'best product x' type buying guides on kayaking gear/equipment such as helmets, fish finders, anchors, etc?
- Tell us why you think you would be a good fit for this project
- Include links to 2-3 relevant writing samples
- Assuming 2,000 words per task, including thorough research. How many writing tasks can you take on per week in the coming 3-6 months? (A range is fine: 1-2, 3-5, etc)