Heacockmedia is seeking to hire 1 - 2 new writers to help create unique and engaging content for our How to Home site.
At the moment, Howtohome.com consists of product reviews, guides, and how-to's in the home goods industry. We are looking to expand our content offering in 2019 with a weekly podcast covering home improvement subjects, featuring different experts on each given topic.
We will be creating supplementary content around each podcast subject - and require writers who can write comfortably within this vertical, and who are able to take somewhat un-glamorous subjects (such as HVAC, home air conditioners or vacuum cleaners) and create engaging articles that people want to read!
In addition to writing engaging long form articles; you will also be tasked with updating and refreshing our existing content to be in-line with our new editorial guidelines, adding informational content to existing articles, and writing product review articles.
Please only apply for this position if you meet the following criteria:
- Your first language is English (or you are able to write fluently)
- You are an experienced writer, and have created content for the web before
- You are able to comfortably create at least 2 articles of 2000 - 2500 words per week
- You are able to work on your own, but also as part of a team (we use Trello to collaborate on projects; so experience with Trello is an advantage!)
- You are comfortable writing technical articles (like buyers guides, product reviews and product-lead articles) as well as creative pieces
- You are comfortable editing and improving existing articles, as well as writing your own
It is our goal to make How to Home the go to site for all things home; by providing high quality, well researched, helpful content for homeowners. If you think you are the writer to help us do this - please fill out the form below: