Android Authority is looking for freelance writers to produce a large number of best lists, deal hubs, and other content that is designed with affiliate sales and revenue in mind. Most of the posts are between 500-1000 words, depending on the topic. This includes content like “best phone deals”, “best accessories for your mobile phone”, and more.
Actual advisory on what products and deals to put into the posts will be provided by the Android Authority team, though a general interest and knowledge in technology is still important.
Particularly writers interested and knowledgeable in Android, computing, Chromebooks, privacy, finance, and streaming services are of major interest to us. We’re branching out all the time, so if you have any special technology-related interests, please let us know while applying.
We are looking for a writer that can balance speed and quality in their writing. We need applicants to be able to handle at least five posts a week, but we are giving preference to applicants who have the availability to write much more. For the right candidate, there is potentially a near-endless supply of topics available for writing.
We pay at a starting rate of $.03/word but scale upward based on previous experience and skill. The ideal candidate is expected to be able to:
- Consistently produce error-free content on a daily basis (we will require poorly written or inaccurate articles to be fixed before we’ll accept the submission)
- Choose imagery from relevant articles or from our stock image libraries
- Correctly categorize and tag content
- Work under an editor who will oversee and approve all content
- Command a mastery of the English language and adhere to site style conventions
- Be flexible and communicative about availabilities
This is a work-from-anywhere position. Our team is global and comes from a wide variety of backgrounds, but candidates must be able to write in clear, adept American English.
We also give preference to writers who have the following skills:
- General SEO knowledge and how to incorporate SEO into articles
- Experience writing sales content is a major plus
This is not a word-mill job. It is entry-level, but we have a history of promoting capable writers from within, and we compensate competitively within the industry.