Job Title: Part-Time Content Writer
USAngler is seeking a regular writer with experience writing about fishing. The website provides reviews and vital advice regarding fishing to readers, and we’re seeking a team member to create content that will suit the needs of a captive and knowledgeable audience.
As a writer, you will receive regular content assignments from the manager and editor, and you will be expected to complete the assignment within the guidelines given. Article topics can vary, but may include product reviews, advice/tips posts, “best of” posts, feature articles, and guest posts on various topics. Other projects may be requested as the working relationship grows. Further revisions may be requested after work is submitted for review.
- Native English speaker.
- The ability to write at least two articles per week. These articles usually are about 2000-2500 words each, but on occasion may require more or less. More articles may be requested (but would not be mandatory) over time.
- The ability to implement editor feedback into future writing.
- Experience writing for online venues and websites.
- Experience with fishing. This includes basic product knowledge, safety procedures, and standard practices.
- Familiarity with AP style.
- Can complete standard article requests within three days’ time.
- Strong research skills.
- Can take SEO concerns into consideration when writing content.
- Can keep a consistent line of communication open with managers and editors.
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Microsoft Word.
- A degree in English or closely related field.
- Previous experience writing with WordPress in mind preferred.
- Knowledge of how to tailor content so that it can maintain a strong social media presence.
What We Provide
- Compensation will be .07 cents per word, with potential changes made for non-standard projects.
- Tools and training necessary for the success of your writing and content for USangler
Please Do the Following When Submitting Your Application:
- In your application please put the word “fishing” at the top. Applications that do not follow this step will be disregarded.
- Please include three samples of your work.
- Answer the following:
- What types of writing have you done in the past? What skill sets do you have that make you think you would be a perfect fit for USAngler?
- What is your experience with fishing? What is your experience writing about these topics?
- What is your availability to work?
- What separates your writing from the rest?
- Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?
- Submit any other information or documents that you think will be helpful in reviewing your application.
- Send your application to [email protected]
We will own the exclusive rights to any content, it must not be shared, published or appear anywhere else either in print or online without our expressed permission.