Are you passionate about explaining entrepreneurship and startups to your friends and family? Do most articles about "working online/from home" drive you nuts? We're looking for hungry future-founders to join our content team to spread the word about real entrepreneurship to other founders.
Foundr Magazine is the magazine for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. Over one million entrepreneurs consume our content every month for advice on startups, entrepreneurship, marketing and growth. Our covers have featured people such as Sir Richard Branson, Arianna Huffington, Jack Dorsey, and many more game-changing founders. We’re a multifaceted digital business, independently published, with the muscle of a traditional media company, minus the corporate BS.
We are looking for a writer to update our existing content for our large audience and help us take our site to the next level. This is a freelance, remote position.
Duties and responsibilities
- Update old articles for content accuracy and general tidying up
- Write content for ad-hoc projects as needed
- Ghostwrite articles for course promotion
- Passionate about the startup world and building and scaling online businesses
- Degree in Journalism or Creative Writing a plus
- Experience with WordPress
- Excellent command of English language
- Ability to self-edit
- Ability to flesh out ideas and produce pitches
- Team player
- Open to constructive criticism and feedback
- You work well independently and you religiously meet deadlines
- You love serving and helping people (that’s what we are all about!)
- Previous experience working with startups a plus
We're taking applications right now.
We move at a lightning pace! Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you haven't been invited via email to schedule 30 Minutes of Magic with us 10 business days after submitting your application, unfortunately you haven't been successful this time around!
Important: Any applicants without any articles examples should not expect a reply.
Provide answers to the following questions:
1. Why are you passionate about entrepreneurships and startups?
2. What podcasts are you listening to right now and why?
3. What is your favorite blog to read and why?
4. Link to one article you wrote that you're most proud of and explain why.