Content writer needed to join marketing team in our Surrey office
We are looking for an onsite Writer to join our Marketing Team to research, create, and deliver superior online content to support our SEO strategies. This position will prepare various content types (creative, technical, SEO, etc.) in a variety of styles and voices, handle information output, develop relationships with media contacts & external industry influencers, maximize earned media and leverage paid sponsorships.
The successful candidate will demonstrate impeccable written skills, writing and editing feature articles/content that appeal our company’s target markets. This position will encompass a variety of media, including articles, blog postings, case studies, product content, email campaigns, and company profiles.
Location: South Newton, Surrey BC. Placement: Permanent Full Time
Position to commence: ASAP
- Develop a deep understanding of our company, clients, corporate culture, and products to create detailed and effective content
- Write (from concept to completion) clear and concise content for new and existing products and product lines that follows our brand & style guidelines, and encompasses SEO best practises.
- Work within project timelines; prioritize & manage multiple projects, assignments, and deadlines
- Stay current on emerging marketing and industry trends, topics, and current events; monitor media for topics relevant to Reliance Foundry activities
- Conduct public/media relations communications research; provide recommendations, engage in outreach, write and edit stories (company news, interviews, guest posts, etc.) for publication.
- Seek out 3rd-party influencers with whom to engage with on original articles and content submissions in relation to products, thought leadership, and company practices. Develop and maintain relationships with these influencers.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, especially via e-mail and other computer-mediated technology
- Ability to write concisely with a focus on sentence structure, word choice, and proper grammar.
- Strong and demonstrated creative and technical writing skills
- Proactive, results-oriented, and resourceful, with a strong work ethic and personal pride in your work product
Preference will be given to candidates with the following experience or qualifications:
- Professional experience in a public relations background with proficiency in media planning, marketing, and communications
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Experience in, or knowledge of metal working or other production-related fields
Working conditions are based on a 40-hour work week, between 7:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday.
Wages are commensurate with experience.
Please submit resumes via email complete with personal cover letter, a writing sample, and remuneration
Smita Kumar, Human Resources
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
Surrey, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada
e-mail: [email protected]
- Only applications submitted with a personal cover letter will be considered.
- This position will work onsite in our Surrey offices.
- No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
- Applications will be assessed to determine a short list of candidates to be interviewed. We appreciate
all interest, but only qualified candidates will receive responses
To see all of our current job opportunities, please visit http://www.reliance-foundry.com/company/reliance-foundry-job-postings