Exceptional Technical Writer to write, edit, and develop communications
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd., located in South Newton, Surrey BC, is a rapidly growing marketing and distribution company of metal products. With over 90 years of experience in the cast metals industry, we now service North American customers by providing traditional site furnishing and castings in new and innovative ways. We are an agile, small business with ambitious growth plans. Today, we are looking for enthusiastic, motivated, and talented people to join our team.
We are looking for an onsite Technical Writer to deliver high-quality technical documentation (e.g. product descriptions, specifications, and installation procedures) for company products. The Technical Writer will work with Marketing, Engineering, and Operations staff to lead development of our corporate technical communications.
Why should you apply?
- Reliance Foundry offers a competitive benefits package and salary structure.
- The company encourages a positive and comfortable work environment with flexible hours.
- Fun company gatherings, luncheons, and other perks just for Reliance staff.
- This position is permanent with full time hours, year-round.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement!
Location: South Newton, Surrey BC.
Deadline for applying: May 27th, 2016
Position to commence: ASAP
- Develop a deep understanding of our company, clients, corporate culture, and products to create detailed technical content
- Write (from concept to completion) clear and concise technical content for new and existing products and product lines that follows our brand & style guidelines, and encompasses SEO best practices
- Work with Operations, Engineering, and Sales staff to determine required technical details and customer expectations for all company products
- Review existing technical and marketing content to determine additional content and/or revision requirements for new and existing products and services
- Assist in writing strategic marketing content for a wide variety of marketing channels—including email, web content, blog posts, advertisements, datasheets, brochures, press releases, magazine articles, and client case studies
- Work with the Marketing team to ensure effective, brand-oriented communications for all print and web content
- Assist in other internal/external communications as required
- Degree or diploma in Technical Writing, Communications, Journalism, or a related field.
- Excellent communicator with superior writing and editing skills, specifically for business and technical content
- Ability to translate technical information into plain language
- Flexible—able to adapt quickly to different writing styles (i.e. marketing versus technical)
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, but also strong in a supportive team role
- Ability to multi-task effectively with excellent project and time management skills
Preference will be given to candidates with the following experience or qualifications:
- Experience with metal manufacturing and/or other technical fields
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Knowledge and experience writing legal documents; training and/or experience in developing technical documents
Working conditions are based on a 40-hour work week, Monday–Friday. Wages are commensurate with experience, and a competitive benefits package is available.
Please submit resumes via email complete with personal cover letter, a writing sample, and remuneration
Smita Kumar, Human Resources
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
Surrey, British Columbia (B.C.), Canada
e-mail: [email protected]
- No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
- This position will work on site in our Surrey office.
- Applications will be assessed to determine a short list of candidates to be interviewed. We appreciate
all interest, but only qualified candidates will receive responses.
Please mention where you saw this employment ad in your cover letter.