Ellipsis Marketing (https://getellipsis.com) is a young, forward-thinking agency for WordPress businesses. WordPress powers 37% of the internet and we support its product and service economy with digital marketing.
We sit at the intersection of digital marketing and the WordPress ecosystem, serving agencies who sell websites to the biggest companies in the world, and product businesses who sell functionality to WordPress users. We help our clients reach millions of users and are helping make the web more powerful and easier to use.
Between us, we have the in-house skills to create marketing strategy and implementation for some of the best WordPress businesses in the market.
As a 100% remote team, we carefully balance collaboration with an environment that enables everyone to do their best work.
We’re based across Europe and often travel for work, WordCamps, and pleasure!
We each bring our own strengths and the independence to shape our agency as it grows quickly. It’s an exciting time to join us :)
As our new Content Specialist, you’ll work closely with our new Content Manager, Head of Content, Client Success Manager, freelance writers and graphic designers to deliver amazing, results-driven content to clients.
You’ll be responsible for coordinating content tasks and supporting the Content Manager, which will include in-depth topic research, outline creation, and copyediting.
Excellent project management skills will be essential to move content through our defined process. You’ll also need stellar communication skills to relay feedback to writers and the team on a daily basis.
We do industry leading content marketing, and you’ll be a key part of the content team. There’s plenty of scope to grow within this position, and we’ll offer you rapid progress for your skills and career.
This position can be broken down as follows:
- 40% Content coordination, communication and task management
- 45% Proofreading, copywriting and copyediting
- 15% Communication with team
- 10% Content research
Content coordination, communication and task management:
- Keep content moving smoothly through defined processes
- Distribute content outlines to writers and manage writer queries
- Respond to and distribute client feedback as appropriate
- Ensure timely delivery of finished content (both from writers and in some cases, to clients)
- Update internal tracking documents and set up/add to monthly content planning where necessary
- Communicate effectively with team
- Keep all tasks/documents/material up to date
- Proofreading, copywriting and copywriting
Research and write in-depth content outlines for long-form articles
- Proofread, edit and optimise long-form articles for SEO
Identify content improvements for existing content, and instruct writers on relevant edits
- Technical checks of SEO keyphrases and articles
Requirements: hard skills
- 2+ years experience in content marketing, publishing, and/or digital marketing agency experience
- Impeccable English grammar and editorial skills
- Long-form content research skills using a variety of sources
- Proven experience in proofreading and editing
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proven project management skills
- Experience working remotely full time
- Availability to work on European time (GMT/CET)
- WordPress user (advanced usage desirable but not essential)
- Google Analytics, GSuite, Grammarly
- Some knowledge of SEO, CRO and marketing methodology
Requirements: soft skills
- Fantastic communication skills: Remote work relies on mutual trust, so frequent and clear written communication is essential
- Receptive to feedback and solutions-oriented: We share and learn from each other honestly, openly and easily
- High level of self-awareness: a “people person”: You’ll be dealing with writers and clients on a daily basis, so this is an integral part of the role
- Proven organisational skills: You must be obsessive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks, and totally reliable
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative and see projects through to completion
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in a remote-work environment
- Digital marketing agency experience
- Knowledge of the WordPress product industry
- Deeper SEO expertise beyond basic keyword research (Ahrefs, etc.)
- Familiarity with remote project management tools, e.g. Basecamp
- Knowledge of B Corp ethical business principles
Compensation and benefits:
- This is a full-time, 100% remote role. Work from home, or the beach!
- Competitive, full-time salary with pension, benchmarked to UK rates and based on experience. We expect this to be £24k to £28k/year
- 28 days of paid holiday
- Regular team retreats (in fun places! ~2 per year)
- Attend conferences in Europe (1-2 per year)
- Plenty of scope for personal development and add more responsibilities as the business grows
- Maternity/paternity leave, and sick pay
- Sustainable business: we are aiming to become a B Corp by mid-2022
The application process:
It’s important we find the best candidate for this position, and our selection process will reflect this. You’ll be required to attend at least two interviews (by video call) and carry out a (paid) freelance project with us before we make an employment offer.
We’re fortunate to receive a large volume of applications, so make your application stand out. Please pay special attention to the main responsibilities of this role, and “how to apply”.
We do great work for clients and are building an ethical business that lets everyone do their best work. If you think you could be the next person to join our team, please apply :)
How to apply:
Please apply through the form linked. We will decide who progresses to the next stage based on the form you submit, and your CV. Please give us a good reason to select you! Taking the time to research the role, what we do, and what you can do for us will increase your chance of success. Your cover letter is where you have the space to do this.
Ellipsis is an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
The deadline for submission is the end of the day, CET on 3rd September 2021.
We will then interview some candidates and notify everyone, whether we're proceeding or not. Expect to hear from us after applications have closed.