We are looking for a Content Specialist that will help support content operations and SEO campaigns across our growing portfolio of SaaS clients.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience producing content that has driven meaningful organic traffic growth for clients or businesses in different industries.
Virayo’s Content Specialist needs to be able to come into the company and hit the ground running. You will be expected to write two long-form pieces (1,500-4,000 words each) per week, as well as prepare content briefs for external contract writers.
To be successful in this role, you need to be a self-starter with exceptional content briefing, drafting, and editing skills, be able to write content that ranks for target keywords, and consistently meet content deadlines across multiple clients and projects.
What you’ll get with Virayo:
Full ownership - We trust our team to hit deadlines and deliver results, and we empower them to make the right decisions.
Small agile team - No red tape, no politics. We’re a remote team focused on quality, speed, and agility.
Exciting projects - You’ll get to work with high-growth SaaS companies in a variety of different industries. These companies see SEO and content as a strategic growth channel and understand the value of what we are delivering.
Growth & opportunity - Broaden your skillset by working with talented team members and contractors. Get access to ongoing training and conferences.
- Research topics across a variety of industries
- Create detailed instructions for long-form content designed to rank for a given keyword, and tie in the client’s product/service.
- Ability to write SEO-optimized long form content that ranks
- Strong understanding of appropriate sourcing and plagiarism
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to accept and implement feedback
- Reverence for deadlines
- Review drafts written by external writers, and make necessary edits to improve rank potential and promotion of the client’s product
- Assist with finding images for drafts
- Assist in management of spreadsheets and task creation
- Fulfill urgent client requests quickly
- 5+ years agency experience or in a similar role
Internet research skills
- Adept at creating detailed content briefs for writers
- Skilled at producing quality content - blogs and product pages - that rank for target keywords
- Strong understanding of on-page SEO
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience writing to conform to a style guide
- Experience planning and writing content for clients in an agency role
- Experience working on content and SEO campaigns for SaaS companies
- Journalism background
- Comfortable being part of a small team
- A champion of personal accountability
- A creative problem-solver
- Adept at tactful communication with clients and freelancers
- Self-organized and able to achieve objectives with little supervision
Please Do Not Apply To This Position If You:
- Do not have 5+ years of hands-on experience briefing and drafting content for the purpose of ranking for target keywords
- Cannot show how your content has helped generate SEO results in the past
- Are not ready to take on the responsibility of meeting content deadlines for a growing portfolio of clients
- Are not a self-starter
The Hiring Process:
- Apply - Submit your application with a resume, a cover letter, and a video describing why you would like to join our team.
- Initial call - If we think you’re a good fit, our Senior Content Manager will schedule a brief call to ensure the role makes sense for you.
- Assignment - The assignment will help us better understand how you approach the content briefing process.
- Interview - After the assignment, we will invite you to talk with our senior team members, so we can learn more about your skills and experiences, and you can get to know what it’s like to work (virtually) at Virayo.
- Job offer - Once we both agree there’s a great match for both of us, we’ll send an official offer letter with a salary and benefits package.
- Contract signing - Once you accept the offer, we’ll send across documents for signing and prepare you for onboarding.
- Join an awesome company - We look forward to your onboarding!
Please submit here. (https://form.typeform.com/to/Dfxh6Pot)
Please shoot a 2-3 minute youtube video and answer the following questions:
(1) What are you currently working on? What are your main responsibilities?
(2) What excites you about the Content Specialist position?
(3) What do you like to do for fun?