Do you find yourself improving on things that are "done", but not done well?
For the team at Dialed Labs, "done" isn't good enough. There's so much average content on the internet. We only want to be involved with the best.
We're seeking a content optimizer to help us to improve existing content on our own sites, and our client sites too.
Uhh, a content optimizer?
Yeah! It's kind of like editing, fact checking, formatting, writing and doing some SEO all at the same time. Intrigued?
This content could be:
- long form blog posts,
- short ecommerce product descriptions,
- to the point service pages, or
- really any sort of page you'd find on a website!
While we are optimizing content for search engines, we're really think of it as optimizing for humans.
What does a typical work day look like?
On Monday you may be working on a product page that needs to be formatted correctly, using shorter paragraphs and correct heading hierarchy.
Then Tuesday, might involve researching and writing more for a shallow, 300 word blog post that really needs to go into greater detail to be valuable for readers.
Wednesday might see you needing to cut down a huge 4500 word blog post that waffles on, into a more concise 2750 word article that packs more value in fewer words.
You get the idea.
We work on a wide range of topics. As long as it's legal (and ethical), we'll do it. From automotive to marketing, technology to healthcare, work is never dull. Every day there's a new challenge or topic to learn about.
Do you want to:
- format content so it's engaging and easy to read
- help with improving established websites
- "fill in the gaps" by writing new text for existing content
- learn new content improvement standards
- work with the latest software
- join our remote team and collaborate via Slack and Trello (for now)
- meet deadlines
- get paid on time
Your role on the team:
- this is a full time, ongoing role
- you will be coached by the Director of Operations and your team
- you will spend approximately 50% of your time writing, 40% editing and 10% on reporting/project management
- is remote, so you can work from anywhere in the world -- all we ask is you are online for 4 hours per day between 9-5pm Central European Time
- we take our work seriously, but we're still people. If you want to treat others well and be treated like a human being who deserves respect (and some fun), you'll fit in here!
- 2+ years experience as an editor or writer
- excellent English
- familiarity with WordPress and/or Shopify (this is where you'll be doing your work)
- the ability to improve any page or post
- impeccable grammar
- stable internet connection that can handle video calls
- exceptional attention to detail
- willingness to follow our processes, and provide constructive feedback on how to improve!
- nice to have: experience producing SEO-ready content, but you know that keywords for the sake of keywords is bad
To apply, please click the button below and include the following:
- a link to your resume
- a few links to the editing or writing you are the most proud of
- a link to your website, Twitter, or LinkedIn profile
- a cover letter that tells us a bit about you, your current location (and where you may be heading), relevant work history and why you'd make a good fit for this role
- your salary expectations
Thanks for reading!
P.S. Successful applicants will be contacted between April 12-16.
P.P.S. Please don't judge us on the heading hierarchy of this job description. The CSS on this site is really hard to work with!