About the Company
At Insticator, we’re on a mission to create a smart, unified platform built to collect, aggregate and monetize all of a publisher’s first-party data. Our suite of engagement products empowers publishers and consumers alike to amplify their voices and express their opinions in safe, interactive environments. From our Commenting Platform backed by hybrid AI and human moderation to our Trivia & Polls Unit which enables audiences to interact with content that speaks directly to them, Insticator reaches and pulls insights from over 350 million users monthly. Our vast roster of partners includes Gannett, USA Today, Major League Baseball, Ancestry, WebMD, and countless others.
Headquartered in New York City, Insticator’s global footprint spans offices in Miami, Canada, India, the Philippines, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
About the Role
As a Content Operations Associate, you will be responsible for the creation, publishing and maintenance of content across the Insticator platform, from research and ideation stages to data entry to ongoing content auditing and editorial QA. You will be working in support of content strategy driven by business needs and partnerships, but you should be able to display an independent editorial sensibility, making smart, informed, data-driven decisions about what content should be published and displayed and where it will serve our publishers and their end-users best. We deal with a broad range of website categories and products, so an interest in or enthusiasm for current events, trivia, pop culture, sports, viral trends and entertainment would be a great advantage.
Data entry, smart social copywriting and internet/audience research are powerful skills that a Content Operations Associate uses frequently to inform day-to-day decisions, as well as to monitor the success of content items across our network allowing us to optimize and improve constantly.
The incumbent is expected to work 40 hours per week.
Challenges and Opportunities
A successful candidate for this role is someone who is creative, resourceful and proactive - you don’t wait to be handed out instructions, you put forth ideas and make them happen. We are looking for someone who is meticulous and able to work methodically to get the task done within tight deadlines, but who also brings to the table concepts of their own on what makes content interesting and engaging, and what tools and experiences could make things more delightful for our publishers and users. Your day-to-day will be spent supporting different content initiatives, from researching trivia and pop culture facts to carrying out content audits and analysis to creating, editing and publishing content hands-on.
The Content Operations Associate will collaborate closely with our Account Management, Sales and Publisher Development teams, as well as other internal stakeholders. This person will have full ownership and accountability on accounts they manage content for, and should be comfortable contributing and pitching new ideas.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create, publish and constantly review and edit content experiences such as trivia questions, quizzes and videos for publishing partners
- Own every aspect of the publishing process, from fact-checking and research to data entry and image selection
- Constantly review and revise your own work as well as the work of the team, in order to ensure things like spelling and grammar are accurate, and that content stays fresh and relevant
- Accurately track and keep record of what content is being published, using our team’s ticketing system
- Monitor our partners’ sites and apps to ensure our content and products look good and are behaving as expected, and are hitting engagement targets
- Collaborate with Content Operations team to generate custom visuals, copy and other forms of content for our ongoing, everyday needs
- Take an active role in content auditing projects, like reviewing and optimizing content packages that require attention
- Assist in creation of mock-ups in support of our Sales and Publisher Development teams
- 1+ years of professional experience working with digital content creation/management, copy or proof-reading
- Fluent/native proficiency in English
- Advanced experience or proficiency with the following tools and skills:
- Google Spreadsheets/ Microsoft Excel
- Excellent time management skills
- Writing copy/proofreading
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems or content publishing tools
- Social Media
- An added bonus if you also have:
- Basic photo or video editing skills/familiarity with basic editing tools
- Experience working with Hubspot
- Creative confidence
- Proactive communicator
- Collaborative mindset and great teamwork skills
- Skilled at receiving feedback, as well as providing it
- Flexible & adaptable
- Curious, eager to constantly learn
- A sense of humor and a love of online culture
- Thrives in a start-up culture