We’re looking for an ambitious, research-driven content marketer to help us generate demand for Sleeknote. In this role, you’ll write long-form content that’s original, highly-actionable, and always engaging for our readers and potential customers.
To be successful, you must have a solid understanding of content marketing, social media marketing, lead generation, and SEO. We’re looking for someone with ridiculously strong writing and editing skills, combined with an attitude that will help us create the right content for the right audience with the right level of effort to increase trial signups.
This is an opportunity to have a huge impact on the trajectory of the company. You will report directly to our content marketing manager, Sam Thomas Davies.
Why would you want to work at Sleeknote? Here are six reasons
- Personal development budget
- Work with a very talented team
- Annual workation
- You will get a ton of responsibility
- Pick your own setup
- Flexible work options
Requirements & The Musts
As a content marketer at Sleeknote, you will:
- Research, write and edit inbound marketing blog posts and content upgrades that turn visitors into subscribers.
- Write emails that influence opens, clicks, and conversions
- Optimize and republish content to improve our search engine rankings and trial signup conversions.
- Edit and format content to ensure we publish original, high-quality content our audience of ecommerce business owners/managers will love.
- Collaborate daily with our Marketing, Graphic Design/Customer Service Teams to increase conversions and create even more effective content.
- Measure content performance to consistently improve quality.
- Improve your writing with a standard of performance using research, concision, comprehensiveness, SEO, and CRO to increase trial signups.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in content marketing, social media marketing, lead generation, SEO, and writing.
- You love to write—a lot. We’re not looking for someone to just crank out a few low-quality 500 words posts; we want someone who strives to write the very best content on a given topic (a typical post, here, at Sleeknote, takes a minimum of 16 hours to put together).
- You’re able to research and write in-depth, actionable, comprehensive content (this includes thorough keyword research).
- You have strong editing skills and naturally format content for the web.
- You are extremely organized (you’re probably the type of person who likes to achieve inbox zero)
- You hit every deadline and consistently improve workflows (we’re big on “Work the System” style thinking here at Sleeknote, and if you are, too, you’ll fit right in).
- You have a passion for producing results, not just producing content.
- You obsess about our product and the challenges our audience faces every day.
- You have a positive, can-do attitude, extraordinary hustle, disdain for failure, and hunger/appreciation for feedback.
- You’re a team player and clear problem solver. You never blame or wait for others.
- You’re never satisfied with mediocrity.
We would be amazed by (but certainly do not require)
- You read a lot of marketing blogs (Neil Patel, Brian Dean, Moz, etc.)
- You have a blog of your own (or have experience growing an audience)
- You’ve been featured on media outlets like Entrepreneur, The Huffington Post, Fast Company, etc.