We are a fast-growing travel site (https://misstourist.com/) who helps an average of 300,000 travelers plan their vacations each month by giving useful, first-hand travel tips and hacks while sharing experiences from various destinations all over the world.
We are looking to hire a highly motivated, organized, and well-traveled Content Manager/Chief Editor, who is also an effective people manager and can wrangle our team of nomads to help smoothly create our monthly content.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing skills, perfectionism, and the ability to whip our team into shape. You will be responsible for coordinating, editing and maintaining all content to achieve our business goals, making sure deadlines and targets are met, while ensuring the quality is upheld.
In the beginning you should be able to manage 3 writers equating to around 150K words per month and be ready to grow with the company. That said, being able to work under pressure, detail-oriented and deadline driven are a must. If you are also an expert in content optimization and SEO/affiliate marketing, that is a big advantage.
As we are in the business of travel, our perfect candidate must also have traveled so he/she can relate perfectly to our target market.
- Able to manage an online publication and a small team of a graphic designer, content uploader and writers remotely;
- Create and publish engaging content;
- Edit, proofread, train and improve writers’ posts;
Liaise with content writers and graphic designer to ensure brand consistency;
- Optimize content according to SEO
- Work with the team and create SOPs
- Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics (Google Analytics);
- Develop an editorial calendar and ensure content team is on board
- Keep abreast with current developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention;
Has experience with WordPress, Google Suite (especially Spreadsheets), SurferSEO, Project management tools like Asana/ClickUp and Slack, Ahrefs;
- Have had successful hiring experience for remote employees
- Experience in affiliate marketing is not required but is a big advantage
- Ability to learn and upskill continuously
- People person, passionate, dedicated and creative;
- Outstanding time management (as the team is international)
- Excellent people management
Must be able to work at least 40 hours a week (flexible) but exclusively for the client.
Why Miss Tourist?
- Flexible working hours
- Great supportive team
- Amazing culture and diversity
- International exposure
- Remote from anywhere in the world
- 3 weeks a year vacation time
- Paid sick leave
- Potential opportunities for travel
Upon application please answer these question in the section allocated for your cover letter.
1) What is your favorite country and why?
2) This is your chance to shine. Tell us what makes you special and why we should hire you above anyone else.
3) What is your expected salary per month in USD? (Please consider this is full time and you will need to manage content planning and editing for 3 writers)
4) Can you edit 3 posts a day?
(That is 150 000 words per month)
5) Are you able to commit to this role for at least 1 year?
Please use the below link to Apply and insert your CV into the URLs provided. (ensure your links are accessible to anybody with the links so we may access it)