SuperSummary, a fast-growing publisher of education content on literature, seeks an organized, detail-oriented Content Manager to oversee one or more content projects on a contract basis. Content projects (print and audio) may involve literature study guides, teacher support materials, and/or educational articles.
We are looking to fill an immediate need for a finite time period of approximately 3 months, with the possibility of establishing a longer-term relationship. Perks include flexible hours and remote work with a team that is passionate about literature and making a positive impact in the lives of millions of students, teachers, and readers of all types.
- Develop a streamlined process for meeting content production goals
- Manage a team of content creators/writers/editors, including hiring, training, and evaluating performance
- Track production progress and troubleshoot delays
- Monitor a production process and its associated costs for maximum efficiency
- Oversee the complete production pipeline from assignment, through submission and editing, to posting/publishing content
- Ensure the highest content quality
- Report weekly/monthly on project progress
- Undertake additional, related duties as required
Our ideal candidate has both a passion for literature and education and a dedication to streamlining work processes. You’re the right fit if you’re a problem solver who can build, manage, and organize a well-oiled production machine. You have an obsessive eye for detail and can dig into data to make informed decisions. And you are brimming with ideas that will help us improve our content operations and standards.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent problem-solving creativity
- Excellent project management skills
- A desire to fine-tune and continuously improve processes
- Ability to organize and manage one’s own time and production schedules effectively
- Analytical skills (e.g., capable of generating insights from production tracking data)
- Basic proficiency with spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets)
Time commitment: The weekly time commitment is approximately 10-20 hours over 3 months, with the possibility of extension and expansion of the role. The Content Production Manager will be required to attend — via Zoom, during business hours — both weekly and monthly meetings to report on progress.
Team structure: The Content Production Manager will work under the direct supervision of the Managing Editor as part of our content team.
At SuperSummary, we support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.