In today's hyper-connected, always-on, digital world, we've ironically never been more disconnected from ourselves, and from each other. Creativity can change that — and we're on a mission to bring more of it to the world.
Through the combination of content, commerce & community, we're building a platform to inspire creativity and encourage people to make. Because everyone deserves to experience the joy of an "I MADE THIS!" moment.
About this Job
We're making a huge effort to grow our brand right now, and content is absolutely KEY to our success. We're hiring a small team of reliable, DIY-loving content creators who have the capacity to create 1 to 4 articles per week. In exchange, we're offering competitive rates, flexible deadlines, location independence, and consistent, contracted work. PLUS you'll be a part of a high-spirited, fun-loving team of creatives :)
About our Blog
We're restructuring our blog right now to include the following types of content:
- Lists of either handmade item examples, patterns, or tips and tricks related to a specific craft
- Professional maker profiles/interviews
- Reviews + advice on popular crafting tools and supplies.
- Spotlights on trends.
The goal for all of our blog content is to inspire creativity and get people making.
Please apply for this position IF:
- You LOVE creativity and DIY project ideas can make you spiral into a Pinterest rabbit hole.
- You can abide by timelines, you're detail-oriented + organized (this is SUPER important when it comes to asset linking)
- You have a wizard-like mastery of words, grammar and spelling, AND you self-edit.
- You're able to follow our brand style guide and embody our tone of voice so that your articles are truly engaging to our target audience.
- You're well-versed in keyword research and SEO
- You're willing and able to use Slack, Google Drive and Asana