*We prefer an on-site candidate for this position; however, we are willing to consider a remote working opportunity for the right candidate
*Please provide a cover letter with a link to your online portfolio or portfolio samples
*Please answer the three questions at the end of the application (Blindly submitting a resume without answering the questions at the bottom means an automatic denial. Read through the entire description, and if this intrigues you, please give a few thoughtful answers. Thank you for your time.)
Who Are We:
Our mission is to challenge current dogma in the health and nutrition realms with new insight to effectively promote a healthy lifestyle and turn the current food pyramid on its head. We work in conjunction with the top scientific minds and resourceful innovators in the world. Our goal is to find a content developer who can provide innovation, knowledge, and organization to a growing platform – www.ketogenic.com
What We Are Looking For:
The goal is to find a Content Writer who can create professionally-written web content with a highly user-focused approach to drive traffic to the platform. The content is primarily focused on ketosis, ketogenic dieting, and education/awareness of a ketogenic lifestyle. With that being said, a strong comprehension keto is integral.
The Content Writer is not the face of the platform, but rather you are the brains behind it. Our mission is to help people understand and achieve keto mastery through education, experience, and understanding. The Content Writer will help achieve that mission by developing sound content that educates the masses.
The Content Writer is responsible for assisting the company’s content strategy, as well as creating its deliverables. “Content” is a broad term that can refer to the following:
- Blog posts
- Social media posts
- Static web copywriting
- Written concepts for animations
- Scripts and ideas for podcasts and video content
Responsibilities of the Content Writer:
- Writing content as needed
- Maintaining a content calendar
- Performing keyword research and providing meta data for all articles and blogs
- Proofreading and revising content
- Simplifying complex topics into easy-to-understand content
- Perform research using trusted sites such as NCBI (All articles, blogs, and e-books must be backed up by proven research)
- Provide feedback on content ideas
- Assisting and answering questions on social media posts for Instagram and Facebook
- Maintaining and upholding consistent content creation practices
- Must be multifaceted
- Get it Done Attitude
- Detail Oriented
- High Integrity
- Caring Demeanor
- Committed & Determined
- Consistently Positive Attitude & Solution Oriented
- Excellent Team Player
- Continual Learner
- Knowledge of blog-focused writing including SEO
- Able to work both independently and with a team
- Digital communication skills
- Written and verbal skills
- Strategic thinking skills
- Analytical skills
- A good eye for detail
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Researching new topics and presenting them to proper superiors
- Implementing new strategies and monitoring effectiveness
Preferred but Willing to Train the Right Candidate:
- Proficiency with content management software
- Knowledge of picture resizing software (e.g., Photoshop, Canva)
- Be satisfied with “good enough”
- Be a time puncher
This is more than a job/business to us. We want to change the world and make it a better place. We are making a difference in the world and you will be the magnifier of that voice. If you don’t care enough, your creative potential will be diminished and we will receive far from the best from you.
Your salary and pay and hours:
- Compensation is TBD based on experience, etc.
- You will work typically closer to 40 hour per week, but there will be some weeks when you may work less and others more. Again, we are not looking for a time puncher, but someone who wants to really excel with the company. We are protective about time and downtime though so we will seek to do the same, however, if something’s on a tight deadline, then we will expect that you’ll work longer hours if it wasn’t able to be accomplished earlier.
Questions (Please provide thoughtful answers otherwise your application will not be considered)
- What intrigues you about this opportunity?
- Where did you first hear about keto?
- What type of content have you developed in the nutrition space before?
*Please check out our website, www.ketogenic.com for more info on what we are about and what we are up to.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $36,000.00 /year
- Ketogenic Diet: 1 year (Preferred)
- Content Writing Development: 2 years (Required)
- One location: Tampa, FL (willing to consider a remote working opportunity for the right candidate)
- Paid time off
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules