Do you know an excavator from a backhoe? Have you written about cross-laminated timber or machine-to-machine communication? Are you interested in topics such as self-healing concrete and green building?
Narrative Content Group is seeking a part-time freelance reporter/writer to research and write short (300- to 500-word) informative and/or advice-driven articles on technology, design, engineering, equipment, jobsite safety and jobsite productivity as they relate to the commercial construction industry. The content will appear, with a byline, on a Fortune 500 company’s blog.
- Experience writing informative articles about one of more of the following topics: commercial construction, technology (AR/VR, drones, M2M communication, digital), architecture/design, engineering, green building. Must provide samples of recent digital work.
- A passion for these subjects.
- Experience finding and interviewing relevant experts.
- Excellent research skills and the ability to identify quality sources.
- Ability to follow instructions and meet deadlines.
- Connections within the construction industry are a plus. Experience in the construction industry is a bigger plus.
To apply, please submit a resume, short cover letter and links to at least two recent bylined articles on relevant topics to [email protected] with the subject line "construction writer." For extra credit, suggest two or three article ideas based on recent trends related to commercial construction.