Job Title - Commerce Content Writer
American Songwriter is looking for a creative, thorough, and detail-oriented freelance Commerce Content Writer with a music background.
Must be able to self-edit work, complete projects on time, and write effectively for long-form web content.
Content Writer’s responsibilities include creating print and digital content that is readable, accurate, and ready for publication, reviewing products, and producing content on a tight deadline.
A successful candidate will have broad knowledge that spans music and music products, the online world, trends, and other elements of music culture.
Ultimately, you’ll be creating quality written pieces on product reviews that appeal to our audience and drive affiliate revenue.
You should have a background in music or be a musician to be considered for this role.
Please share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application.
- Write product review focused content, producing well-researched content for publication online
- Write clear, concise copy
- Optimize content for SEO keywords using Surfer SEO
- Research products, gather data, and provide readers with an in-depth review
- Build stories/features/news on Content Management System, WordPress
- Proofread and edit posts before publication
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone)
- Update website content as needed
- Work closely with a writing team, including content writers and editors
- Working closely with management to build online traffic
- Follow an editorial calendar, collaborating with other members of the content production team to ensure timely delivery of materials
- No AI-generated content will be accepted
- Excellent writing and editing skills - strong knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Have a basic grasp of Content Management Systems, CMS. (e.g. WordPress)
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with little daily supervision
- Ability to work/write quickly and efficiently - including several news articles and features daily.
- Extensive knowledge of, and passion for, music and pop culture that extends beyond office hours and office walls
- Willingness and ability to write 10 articles a month
- A meticulous approach to their work and an eye for detail
- Apply via the link provided
- Include portfolio links in the provided field
- Include links to LinkedIn and resume