Monsters and Critics is hiring! If you're a budding or experienced writer and love the world of celebrities or reality TV, come and join us!
CELEBRITY WRITER ROLES
We are looking to expand our team of freelance celebrity news writers.
Working under our News Editor, the focus of your role will be writing about what celebrities are getting up to and what they are wearing in their latest eye-catching Instagram posts and in paparazzi photos.
To apply for this role, you must be a self-starter and a die-hard celebrity fan. If you’re always looking at the latest celebrity photos on Instagram, and love to see what stars are wearing and critique how they look, then this is the job for you!
A wide-ranging knowledge of celebrities is a must, and an interest in fashion/style would be a bonus.
See example articles at: https://www.monstersandcritics.com/celebrity-news/
REALITY TV WRITER ROLES
We are also looking to expand our team of freelance Reality TV writers covering one or more of the following franchises: 90 Day Fiance; The Real Housewives; The Kardashians; The Bachelor/Bachelorette.
Working under our Reality TV Editor, you will write news articles based on what the current and former stars of your favorite shows are getting up to both on and off camera, for example on their social media.
Some headline ideas will be provided, but you will also need to use your journalistic skills to find your own ideas for stories.
To apply for this role, you must be a self-starter and a die-hard fan of the show/s you want to cover.
You need to know the shows you will be writing about inside out, should be up-to-date on the latest episodes and have watched all previous seasons. You should also follow current and former cast members on social media, and know what stories are setting the community alight.
See example articles at: https://www.monstersandcritics.com/reality-tv-news/
GENERAL INFO FOR ALL ROLES
- Articles are paid on a per-story basis.
- We offer paid time off and improved fees for regular writers who continually perform to a high standard
- You must be able to commit to writing at least 10 stories a week (roughly 10 hours) on a regular basis, although more is preferable.
- You must be comfortable helping promote your articles on social media.
- Excellent grammar and punctuation are a must.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Knowledge of basic photo editing skills (resizing, cropping, adjusting exposure etc) are a must.
- Knowledge of WordPress is preferred.
- Prior news writing experience is a big bonus.
- The ability to work at speed is a big bonus.
- Please highlight whether you have any of the above in your application.
Apply using the link below, and good luck!