I own a portfolio of websites that provide information on financing for small businesses in Canada. The sites have two audiences: aspiring entrepreneurs who need money to start a business, and business owners who need money to grow their existing business.
The focus of the sites right now is on grants for businesses (government grants, etc). I will be expanding the scope of the websites beyond grants, with the goal of creating a one-stop resource for Canadian entrepreneurs on starting and growing a small business. To do so, I will be adding hundreds of articles to the sites in coming months related to the following topics:
- Business ideas
- Starting a business in Canada
- Financing for small business (beyond grants)
These are some of the specific topics I will need written about:
1) Business ideas:
- Major industries (in Canada and each province and territory)
- Best small business ideas (for Canada generally, as well as for each province/territory and major cities)
- Best businesses for immigrants
- Best home-based businesses
- Best side hustle businesses
- Best online businesses
2) Starting a business in Canada:
This will be a series of articles that cover every step in the process of starting a small business in Canada generally, as well as individual articles for each province and territory. Topics will include:
- Starting a business (overview of steps)
- Registering a business
- Incorporating a business
- Business license (what it is & how to get one)
- Business plans
- Naming a business
- Buying a business
- Business laws/regulations (in each province)
- Professional support (how to find a good small business accountant, bookkeeper, lawyer, etc.)
- Starting an online business (series of articles on affiliate marketing, e-commerce, etc)
- How to start X business in [province] (e.g. How to start a cleaning business in Ontario)
3) Financing for small business:
- Tutorial articles explaining every type of funding/financing available to Canadian small businesses, including loans, lines of credit, credit cards, crowdfunding, equipment financing, equity financing, wage subsidies, tax credits, etc.
- “Best” articles that round up the best business bank accounts, credit cards, online loans, etc.
- Reviews of the best finance products, such as business credit cards, etc.
Note: I am very research-oriented, so for some articles I will provide you with sources and data that I have gathered.
I am looking for a writer who is eager to learn new things, writes clearly and in a friendly, conversational style, and can produce content reliably. I have owned a portfolio of websites in various niches for 10+ years, and I have extensive experience working with freelance writers.
Please include the following with your application:
1) A brief description of your experience writing about small business-related topics
2) Your rate
3) Links to published samples of your written work related to small business