I'm Alex, the owner of 99boulders.com. I'm looking for a freelance writer to help us write “best of” articles on camping, hiking, and backpacking gear.
This job will start as a paid trial in which you will write 1-3 articles for the site. If you do good work, we will then officially bring you on as a freelance writer and you will be sent multiple article requests each month per your availability and our content budget.
- Research each provided outdoor gear topic using high-quality sources
- Present outdoor gear information and recommendations in an easy-to-understand format
- Submit each article to the editor by its deadline
- Respond in a timely manner to team communications
Here are two examples of the type of article you will start out writing:
- Get paid to research and write about the best outdoor gear
- Build your portfolio
- Work remotely on your own time
- Get a link to your personal site in your author bio
- In the future, we will start doing hands-on gear tests. So, if you’re still writing for the site at that time… free gear!
- Native English speaker
- 3+ years experience hiking, camping, and/or backpacking
- Proficiency in basic IT skills (e.g. Google Docs, email)
Preferred but not necessary:
- Professional or exceptional experience in camping/hiking/backpacking or the outdoor industry (e.g. outdoor coach/guide/instructor, employee at outdoors store, backpacked the PCT, etc.)
- Freelance writing experience
After the paid trial, if we decide to bring you on as a freelance writer, we will ask you to sign a contract and fill out a W-9.