We’re looking for a freelance copywriter with a strikingly fresh Millennial voice and a track record of writing rich and celebrated digital content for female audiences. The ideal candidate has worked with prestigious digitally-native consumer brands or organizations, has a degree in Creative Writing/English/Comms or Feminist Studies/Women’s History, and has a penchant for spiritual beliefs and practices like astrology, tarot, numerology, and aura/chakra balancing.
The primary initiative for this contractor will be a comprehensive copy revision of our beloved Goddess Quiz to better tell the story of the female icons we champion, as well as writing out question, answer, and result copy for several more categories beyond Goddess that will be added to the Quiz. In addition to writing content for the Quiz, the Copywriter will also be needed to perform ongoing optimizations based on quiz performance data.
Beyond the Quiz initiative, we have a number of other copy needs including but not limited to product copy, brand copy/boilerplate, emails, website copy, social media, blog posts that are suited for an ongoing retainer structure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, Feminist Studies, Women’s History, English, or Comms and a general mastery of capturing brand voice preferred;
- 4+ years of experience writing engaging digital content for digital publications, brands, and organizations;
- Self-proclaimed intersectional feminist with progressive tendencies and a fascination in the stories of legendary femme figures;
- Keen interest in and understanding of spiritual beliefs and practices like astrology, tarot, numerology, and aura/chakra balancing;
- Unrelenting attention to detail and a diligent proofreading process;
- Ability to manage long and short term project timelines efficiently.