STILL ACCEPTING APPLICANTS! (Oct/Nov 2018)
Are you looking to earn a consistent income writing high-quality novels on your favorite Romance themes?
We are looking to expand our fiction team with new quality, US ONLY, experienced ROMANCE book writers in all subgenres. We are a fast-paced, growing ghostwriting service that can provide you with consistent and exciting projects week after week!
Our mission is to provide the highest quality novels and a great experience to our clients, and we want you to be part of this mission.
If you are someone that takes pride in their work and is looking to earn a consistent income doing something you enjoy, with an exciting and motivated team, then this is your opportunity.
Our current rate is $13 USD per 1,000 words, and this will be increasing to $17 per 1,000 words from December 1st. (Projects are from 20k to 150k words). Consistent work without having to apply for jobs, work comes to you.
We are looking for experienced ROMANCE fiction writers. You must have experience in the romance genre and an expert understanding of your preferred subgenres, themes, and tropes.
Important: When applying you will be asked to select a maximum of 3 subgenres that you write well. Think carefully about the subgenres you write really well, enjoy most and know most about. Please submit a sample for each subgenre you select. If you are successful, we may hire you for 1, 2 or all 3 of your chosen subgenres based on your knowledge of the subgenre's conventions and your ability to writer each.
- You write amazing Romance stories. With a lot of tension, a great dialogue, conflict and full of emotion.
- You are US based, or American living outside of the US. Native speaker.
- You can write with deadlines.
- You are an expert in your preferred Romance Subgenres. You understand what a particular reader is looking for and you are familiar with the components that make up certain subgenres, themes, and tropes. (You can research new themes and tropes) You will be questioned about this.
- You take pride in your work and can consistently deliver high-quality novels. You are focused on delivering what the client is after.
- Looking for a long-term commitment, eager and available to work and deliver a minimum of 15,000 words a week.
- Reliable, well-spoken and open to constructive criticism.
- Great communicator.
Few things to consider
We are looking for writers that can commit and are looking to work long-term. We have clients who come to us to create the entire series for their project and they would prefer to work with you, instead of having to change writers mid-project. This requires a long-term commitment (3 months or so)
Also, you must be able to sit down and write in order to meet deadlines. This may be different than when writing for yourself. Requires some planning.
Finally, you must also be okay with not getting any credit for your writing. This is a ghostwriting position.
How To Apply?
If you would like to be considered for a position with us please apply by completing our application form below.
Please attach a sample for each subgenre you select (you can select a maximum of 3 subgenres). Each sample must be at least 1,000 words.
Application Form: https://airtable.com/shrk4Ug4RngCp1fC3
We will get in contact with you after reviewing your answers and samples. Good Luck!
HotGhostWriter Hiring Department