Are you a writer who feels passionate about going to the gym? If so, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for 2 to 3 writers to write great content for our bodybuilding / fitness website. You’ll be producing 7,000 to 10,000 words of high-quality content per month.
In addition to writing informational articles, the work will involve buyer guides and product round-ups for gym equipment and supplements.
DOES THIS DESCRIBE YOU?
- Native English Speaker from the UK, US, Canada or Australia with good writing skills (Work will be produced in UK English)
- Able to write with a natural, engaging voice that is witty and has the ability to get to the point without rambling or getting too technical
- Ability to follow detailed briefs
- A passion for fitness and weight training and guiding others
- Reliable, dedicated and able to stick to deadlines
- A writer that wants regular, long-term work
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You’ll need to be able to produce around 7,000 to 10,000 words per month on an on-going, long-term basis.
- Truly useful and interesting articles for our loyal users
- Previous experience of buyer guides and product round-ups is preferred
Content topics will include:
- Comprehensive exercise and training advice
- Detailed nutrition and supplement guides
- Well-researched reviews and equipment round-ups for all gym users
Our product round-ups and buying guides will be around 3,000 to 5,000 words (occasionally hitting the 10K mark). These will guide the user through features, what to look for when making a purchase and recommending products for different needs.
If you aren’t familiar with these just search for things like “best home gym”, and “best home treadmill” to get a feel for how they are constructed.
Informational content will be between 1,200 to 2,500 words.
We provide a detailed content brief for each article outlining how it should be structured.
WHO ARE OUR USERS?
Most of our users are keen bodybuilding and fitness enthusiasts from beginners to hard core bodybuilders.
WHAT WE DON’T WANT
- ‘SEO Posts’ nor do we want listicles, click bait junk and other thin content.
- Agencies please do not apply. We want to develop close relationships with individual writers.
- We will pay per word for finished articles
- Willing to make changes based on editorial feedback (we usually find very little is needed though due to the detail in our briefs and writing instructions.)
- You must be able to meet deadlines
- We own exclusive rights to the content, it must not be used, shared or published in any other way
- We're ideally looking for ghost written work, but are open to publishing under your own name if you have relevant authority and experience to add to a credible bio.
HOW TO APPLY
(Please read this section very carefully)
Please send an email to: [email protected] with the subject line: "Bodybuilding Writer Application". Any without this will get filtered out and we won’t see your email.
Your email should include:
- Why you would like to write for us, what your experience is with the topic and why you think you could be just what we are looking for
- 2 or 3 links to relevant articles you’ve written (can be any topic, but best if it’s bodybuilding/fitness focused). Ideally these would include product reviews and buying guides, how to / instructional articles and NOT personal stories
- Your rate (cost per word)
- How many words you are available to write per month
- Any questions or further information you would like from us
We look forward to hearing from you soon!