RebelsMarket is an online alternative fashion and home-wares mega store - catering to Gothic, Steampunk, Punk, Heavy Metal and other alternative subcultures.
We are looking for bloggers to create interesting alternative fashion and culture articles that will educate, entertain and inspire our audience, and position the RebelsMarket blog, as an authority on all things alternative and anti-mainstream.
We’re always looking for interesting articles told from unique perspectives. If you have a strong opinion on why tattoos and fishnets are not acceptable office attire, great. Or if you think this is absolute bullsh*t - that's even better! We want articles that get read and shared on social media.
If you think you might be a good fit for this position, read on:
- You must be a competent writer, and have experience writing blogs and articles with both humans and search engines in mind
- You must have an impeccable grasp of the English language - and know how to structure blog posts and articles properly
- You must have a deep understanding of alternative subcultures (goth, punk, steampunk etc), or at the very least be able to write about such topics with authenticity
- You must be able to write articles between 900 and 1500 words, covering your topic thoroughly
- You must have a PayPal account - as this is how we pay all of our writers. We pay $50 - $60 per published post
Types of Articles That We Love:
- How-to articles that solve a specific problem e.g. 'How to Style a Gothic Corset for Daytime Wear' (although these types of articles do not always need to be fashion based)
- DIY tutorials for interesting arts and crafts with an ‘alternative’ slant (e.g. 'DIY Steampunk Halloween Decor Tutorial') If you can provide your own high-quality images then this will increase the chances of you being accepted!
- Lifestyle, culture and social commentary articles that will appeal to an 'alternative' market
- Opinion pieces and controversial topics! If you have a strong opinion on something within the gothic/steampunk/alternative niche – let us know!
Articles We WON’T Accept:
- Articles that have previously been published elsewhere, in any format
- Articles that are promotional in any way, offer a product or commercial service - or link to a website that does.
- Articles that are too similar to something we already have published on the blog (so be sure to do your research)
- Articles that are fiction, poetry, reviews, or any format other than a straight up blog post
- Articles that are offensive. It’s ok to write an opinion piece – maybe even throw in a couple of profanities here and there, but anything that is outright offensive or discriminatory will not be accepted!
- Articles that are political. Sorry, this is an alternative fashion and lifestyle blog. And we’re going to keep it that way!
This can be an ongoing position for the right candidate. Please apply online - and be sure to follow the instructions carefully.