RebelsMarket is an online alternative fashion and home-wares megastore. We are an online marketplace - providing edgy, alternative and totally unique clothing from indie brands and sellers around the world! Shoppers come to RebelsMarket to discover gothic, Steampunk, punk, heavy-metal and pretty much every other subgenre of ‘alternative’ clothing.
We are looking for bloggers to create interesting alternative fashion and culture articles that will educate, entertain and inspire our audience, and position the RebelsMarket blog as an authority on all things counterculture and anti-mainstream.
We’re always looking for interesting articles told from unique perspectives - but we also need articles that are educational - and provide real value to our readers.
So, our articles can range from educational pieces that require keyword research, and provide a well-written solution to a problem (e.g. “How to Buy a Corset That Fits Your Body Type”) - or they can be entertaining lifestyle pieces (e.g. “The Art Of The Tease: How Burlesque Style Is All About The Clothes You Leave On”)
We require a blogger to take on consistent work - starting out at around 1 article per week, with room for growth.
If you think you might be a good fit for this position, read on:
- You must be a competent writer, and have experience writing blogs and articles with both humans and search engines in mind
- You must have an impeccable grasp of the English language - and know how to structure blog posts and articles properly
- You must have a deep understanding of alternative subcultures (goth, punk, steampunk etc), or at the very least be able to write about such topics with authenticity
- You must be able to use Asana (this free tool is how we manage our editorial calendar)
- You must be comfortable generating your own ideas, and chatting on google hangouts/skype from time to time i
- You must be able to write long-form articles without padding, redundant phrases, and fluff! We require 1k-1.5k words per article, so you must be able to research thoroughly, and write with authority.
- You must have a PayPal account - as this is how we pay all of our writers. We pay $50 - per published post
Types of Articles That We Love:
- Articles that solve a specific problem (these do not always need to be fashion-based, but they must always be relevant to our target audience)
- Deep-dive informational articles about a given topic within our niche
- Lifestyle, culture and social commentary articles
- Opinion pieces and controversial topics! If you have a strong opinion on something – let us know!
In order to apply for this role, please provide the following:
1) A short cover letter letting us know your credentials, and why you would be a good fit for RebelsMarket
2) A minimum of 3 links to your published work (preferably in the alternative fashion/culture niche)
3) A minimum of 3 pitch ideas that you think would be a good fit for the RebelsMarket blog (a title and a short paragraph for each will suffice)
4) Your availability - when can you start and can you comfortably complete 1 article per week, with a 1-week lead time
5) Answer this question (to prove you have read the job description thoroughly): what are the rates for this blogging opportunity?