Opportunity for ongoing work!
Please answer the questions below for your application to be considered.
Looking for an experienced blog writer (must be a native English speaker) to write about specific marketing topics such as customer segments, customer pains, etc.
Articles will be about 2,000 words long.
Please only apply if you're a skilled writer than can produce original, well-written work (no copy/paste).
Preferred qualifications (but not mandatory):
- A writer with actual marketing experience and understanding of marketing at a strategic level. If you’re well versed in value proposition design (& Strategyzer’s value proposition canvas), even better!
- Understands content marketing & content clusters for SEO
- Can optimize blog posts for SEO
How we’ll work together:
I’m happy to give creative freedom & flexibility to the right applicant, but in general this is how the process would go:
- I'll provide the topics based on my SEO research.
- I’ll share my point of view on the topic, including a suggested outline for the post. This will be partly based on my competitive research on the topic and what I think would resonate with the audience
- I’m open to suggestions if you think going in another direction would work better or would like to make changes to the outline.
I just started a boutique marketing agency and coaching business.
At the moment, I’m launching a series of blog posts (a content cluster) all related to value propositions, and have already launched the first one on Customer Benefits (see the following link for reference): https://theyesladder.com/customer-benefits-guide/
The next post will be about customer pains points. This will be the first post you’ll be asked to write, and more detail will be provided if you’re hired.
Target audience for the blog posts:
Business owners at small to medium businesses who might do their own marketing or have a small marketing department of 1-2 people. These people are smart, but not necessarily experts in marketing, so I want to provide them with marketing 101 posts that are strategic but can be implemented practically.
So I’m looking for someone who can write in simple language that’s not full of jargon and explain concepts clearly. I am NOT looking to impress other guru marketers; they’re not my target audience.
HOW TO APPLY
Your application must be customized to this job post and answer the below questions. Generic pitches will not be considered.
Please answer or provide the following:
1. Why do you think you’re the right person for this job?
2. Kindly provide 1-2 blog post samples or guest blogs on other sites ( please include marketing-related blog posts if you have them).
3. Please describe your first-hand marketing experience, if applicable.
4. Kindly provide a link to the following if you have them: your blog, Twitter profile, Quora profile, inbound.org profile.
5. What is your pay rate?
6. Do you prefer to write as a ghostwriter or as yourself?
Please email [email protected] to apply, and mention the phrase "love to write" in the subject line.