PS: In addition to excellent writing skills, we'll prioritize applicants who have subject matter expertise from Meeting Planning, Events, Conferences, Business Travel industry*
OK Roger is a software company developing an intelligent platform to help modernize and simplify business travels, resulting in
- Increased employee productivity
- Happier employees
- Well-informed and In-control management
- Savings to your bottom-line
Our latest innovation is a new product focused on helping event and meeting planners. As you can see, we've still not integrated this into our main website
The reason we founded OK Roger was because
1. We realized a lot of traditional business travel platforms were outdated. The business travel industry needed the same type of modernization that consumer travel industry has undergone in early 2000s.
2. Using DIY travel tools like Expedia and Kayak often does not work well for business travel context.
3. Modern Technology (e.g. Data Science, AI coupled with conversational platforms) implies now is the right time to innovate in this area
Our Vision and Content Strategy for OK Roger
We aim for OK Roger to be the best in class modern platform to simplify business travels that appeals to travelers and management alike. While anyone can use the platform individually, we believe the best way to get OK Roger in hands of traveling employees is by offering it as a B2B platform. To this end, we continue to develop value added modules that appeal to people across broad set of roles in organization (such as event and meeting planners, executives, finance, HR etc).
*Our current key focus area is to help meeting and event planners easily plan and book guest travel. e.g. Event management companies can easily offer OK Roger to their clients as an additional service and expand the portfolio of services they offer.*
In line with the above, our target audience is quite broad. In addition to the Traveler, choice of a Travel platform impacts almost everyone in the organization. However, Traveler is usually not the buyer.
Our Key Points of Differentiation
- OK Roger offers every Traveler a smart personal assistant
- We don't have an App. Roger works with the platforms that people already use
- Roger is proactive - using your data to help you. We don't sell your data or do anything else with it.
Who Are we Looking for
- Conversational, easily going tone
- Must help readers with new insights and learn from examples
- Does not follow conventional 5 paragraph essay format – short concise paragraphs that are easy to read - fully formatted sections to make posts easy to skim through
- You have a background of writing for one or more of the following industries - Meetings and Planning Travel, Incentive Travel, Business Travel, Travel
- You must have a passion for growth, marketing and business.
- You are a storyteller and can do compelling research.
- You have excellent writing skills
- You can come up with story ideas with minimal guidance
What You Will Do
After reading through everything above, here’s the exercise that you’ll need to complete to become one of our regular contributors.
1. Kindly send me an email describing why you are interested in being an contributor and what makes you a fit
2. Pitch me 3 story headlines that you’d potentially like to write based on what you’ve read here.
3. If the headlines fit with our content strategy, then I’ll have you write one of the stories.
4. After we review your piece, if we like it, then we’ll pay you for the post, publish it on our blog, and you’ll become a regular contributor. If it doesn’t meet our standards, we will not use it, and you’ll have full rights to the post
Thanks again for your interest