We are looking for a U.S.-based content writer for our blog, preferably with experience writing SEO-optimized content in the productivity space.
This job will start as a paid trial in which you will write 1-3 articles for the site. If you do good work, we will then officially bring you on as a freelance writer and you will be sent multiple article requests each month per your availability and our content budget.
- 1-3 long-form posts (1200-2000 words) per week on topics provided
- Research each article topic using high-quality sources
- Translate research into simple, actionable insights and advice
- Submit each article to the editor by its deadline
- Respond in a timely manner to team communications
Here are a few examples of the types of articles you will write:
Potential writing areas:
- Product how-to’s
- Science of attention, focus, and distraction
- Time management techniques, strategies, and research
- Digital distraction/addicting tech
- Strategies for a sustainable relationship with technology
- A Freedom Premium account for the duration of your work
- Get paid to research and write while you learn about productivity, focus, and how to build a healthy relationship with technology
- Build your portfolio
- Work remotely on your own time
- Potential opportunity to interview and collaborate with various productivity experts, professionals, and creatives for our spotlight series on the blog.
- Native English speaker
- Freelance writing experience
- Proficiency in basic IT skills (e.g. Google Docs, email)
- Ability to distill complicated research into simple, actionable insights
Preferred but not necessary:
- Experience with SEO-optimized writing
- Writing experience and knowledge of topics pertaining to productivity
- After paid trial articles, 3-7 Cents per word depending on experience and skill set.
After the paid trial, if we decide to bring you on as a freelance writer, we will ask you to sign a contract and fill out a W-9.