Do you have AMAZING copywriting skills, with the ability to pick up a brand’s voice easily? Are you able to convert existing videos into in-depth ‘how to’ articles that are actionable, easy to read, AND keeps readers engaged?
If so, we’re looking for someone just like YOU!
We're a small team based in Australia & South East Asia running an online business where we teach people how to grow and scale their own businesses through video marketing and other digital strategies. Our primary marketing channel is YouTube, where we release new in-depth tutorials, reviews and training each week.
We have 3 main content categories that we focus on which are:
- Creating quality videos (video creation and video editing strategies).
- Creating and growing a YouTube channel (from beginner to pro level).
- Making money and scaling a business (digital marketing strategies).
We’re seeking a technically-minded person to take our weekly videos, and convert them into awesome (search optimized) long-form blogs for our website. Ideally, you’ll already have some understanding or interest in at least one of these areas to be able to write content that is highly valuable for our readers. And, to demonstrate that strong attention to detail of yours, make sure to start the first line of your application with your favorite motivational quote!
To be successful, you’ll need:
- First-rate communication skills and a very high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to simplify complex information and processes into blog posts that are well structured, easy for a beginner to understand, and hit all the key points to get readers results.
- The ability to work to strict deadlines.
- To be SEO focused. The primary goal of our blog posts is to deliver highly valuable content to our readers. However, our secondary goal is to show up in search so you’ll need to be able to articulate what a ‘best practice’ SEO blog post looks like.
We’d like you to write 2 blog posts per month to start, averaging between 1,500 - 3,000 words. Each post will need to include screenshots/images to support (most of these can just be taken from our videos).
Once we get into a rhythm we can grow this to much more, including other copywriting opportunities within the company if they’re a fit.
The good news is, you won’t need to do much research! We already do the bulk of the keyword research before we start work on any video, and will provide you with the target keywords/tags, completed video, a full transcript, and any other scripting/notes we use to prep each video.
We’re totally negotiable for the right candidates, and are ideally seeking someone we can work with long term. Let us know your proposed rate and we can take it from there.
To apply, please reply to this job post with:
- TWO of your best examples of previous work that highlights your ability to write detailed ‘how to’ content or processes in a way that keeps readers engaged AND gets them results in a clear/concise manner.
- Rather than spending time drafting a cover letter, to demonstrate your awesome ability to write engaging & ‘how to’ blogs: submit a short 200-500 word ‘sample article’ that walks us through what your process would be to take the resources we’d provide for each video topic (above), and convert them into a blog post.
- Your proposed rate, and how you’d prefer to charge (per article, word etc.)
- Your email address.