Who We Are:
Since 2009, Single Grain has been dedicated to drive persistent growth for remarkable companies. We've worked with Series A start-ups to tech giants and enterprises, such as Uber, Amazon, and Salesforce. Our expertise is in paid media, paid social, SEO, and content marketing.
We have a blog, two podcasts, and YouTube channel as a testament to our digital marketing expertise. The podcasts hosted by our CEO, Eric Siu, called Marketing School and Leveling Up amass over 1.5 million downloads/month. We speak at conferences as well as host our own, our blog sees over 350,000 visitors/month, and the Leveling Up YouTube channel has 55,000 subscribers and counting. It's our mission to level up every human by educating and moving the marketing industry forward.
Check out our Careers page for a video on our company culture and values by our CEO.
Who You Are:
We need folks who are excellent storytellers who can come up with amazing content ideas and then create them! We're looking for unconventional, creative content that pushes the envelope. Passion is a must.
Whether you are a LinkedIn article aficionado, blog post champ, or a Tweet-master, we want you. Are you an excellent copywriter? Do you love storytelling? As long as you are consistent with your daily content ideas and output, you're the right fit.
- Uses and creates on social media or blog articles daily
- Has an ability to make relevant content across all platforms and has extraordinary skills in writing articles for blogs, copywriting, and/or social media article writing for LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Copywriting or blog writing education OR equivalent relevant experience, all applicants will be asked to provide recent content examples from their portfolio
- Shows a demonstrable passion, curiosity and experience in making creative content on social media platforms and blog sites - Tweets, LinkedIn posts, blog articles
- Responsible, accountable, deeply passionate about their own personal interests and hobbies, and of course kind, compassionate and empathetic because you love the magic of collaboration
We are looking for a humble, hungry and smart Blog Content Creator to help us post content to our channels. You will be a great fit if:
- You're exceptionally creative and want to grow
- You are tech-savvy, self-starting, resourceful, entrepreneurial, endlessly curious, and highly ambitious
- You have effective time management and organization skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and a growth mindset
- You show up on time, pay attention to details, think on your feet, ask for help when you need it, and consistently demonstrate respect for others
When you apply, please include the words "content is cool” directly in your headline. Any applicants that do not follow these instructions will be disqualified.
What You Will Be Accountable For:
- Creating emotional, impactful, objective-oriented content for one of the many brands that we have
- Mastering the ability to turn any branded content into a volume of written gold (articles, stories, copy, etc.)
- Working with a wide range and quality of video and static imagery - from a collection of long form podcasts to short video clips - and turning them written content assets built for individual platforms and audiences
- Collaborating with our creative and strategy people to create and manipulate written stories that contribute to our organic content reach
- Honing your research, editing and writing skills utilizing standard industry software and social platforms
- Wrangling and rolling with your teammates to service rapid turnaround times, capture trending moments, deliver and receive feedback, all while keeping a clear, enthusiastic and proactive attitude towards content creation
The Blog Content Creator position is a contract to full time role. The first 90 days are a part time evaluation. At the conclusion of the part time role there is the potential to be considered for a full-time position. During the part time phase, this will be an hourly paid position and will not initially be eligible for benefits. Upon joining as full time, the benefits listed below are available.
You must be able to commit to a full-time work schedule, which is 40 hours per week during 9am-6pm business hours Monday-Friday. If you are still in school and not available for a start date within the next month, please wait to apply until one month before you would be able to start a full-time work schedule.
This is a rolling admissions process. We want to encourage qualified and interested applicants to apply to show your interest. When the hiring need arises, we will reach out to you for next steps, which will be a timed content creation challenge. We appreciate your interest and patience.
Single Grain provides the following benefits below as well as a company culture focused on people and values. We're also on Built In LA's Top Companies to Work for in LA list 2020!
Full Time benefits:
- Growth-oriented culture
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Commuter and other pre-tax benefits
- Client and employee referral incentive programs
- Learning Stipend
- A Climate Positive Workforce - check out the Single Grain forest here
- Please note, we are 100% remote
- 15 days PTO to start, 25 days after 2 years
*Benefits start after a 90-day probationary period