Codecademy is looking for a freelance B2B content writer to create various types of content for our newly-launched business product, Codecademy for Business, offering training in technical skills for teams. You’ll work closely with members of our Product Marketing and Business teams, as well as with our Senior Content Marketing manager to create content designed to drive both organic traffic and leads.
This is a contract role, starting at ~10 - 20 hours a week through the end of 2020, with the potential for extension into 2021.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Research and write a variety of types of content including blog posts, white papers, one-pagers, case studies, sales collateral, and thought leadership pieces.
- Understand the Codecademy for Business customer and create content that speaks directly to their needs.
- Explain the benefits of learning technical skills in a way that resonates with those without technical knowledge or backgrounds.
- Coordinate with Business and Marketing teams to ensure that content represents the Codecademy brand and supports our business objectives.
- Craft compelling CTAs to entice readers to take the next step and sign up to learn more about Codecademy for Business.
- Use SEO guidelines to optimize content.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2-4 years of content marketing our journalism writing experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Familiarity with SEO
- B2B experience is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of partners
- Experience writing about technical topics in a way that’s clear and easy to understand
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Experience with keyword research
- Experience creating content for lead nurture programs
- Experience creating white papers and one-pagers
- Familiarity with the Codecademy platform
- Experience writing about topics related to data science, web development, and computer science
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT 3-5 WRITING SAMPLES IN ORDER FOR THEIR APPLICATIONS TO BE REVIEWED.
Please include your resume, along with links to 3-5 writing samples.