We’re Hiring! Content Writer Application
First up – thanks for checking out our Job Application!
Please read this page thoroughly – we like to be as transparent as possible from the get-go to ensure you know exactly what this job entails and whether you think you're the right fit.
First things first – if you don't know RMRS; we create quality, detailed, engaging, and inspirational articles on men's style, timeless style grooming, manners, and business etiquette. We teach the “Science of Style,” and we go into a level of detail that you won't find anywhere else in the men's style community.
Content Writer Job Description
We're looking for an ambitious, motivated and experienced content writer who prides themselves on the quality of their written work, clear communication, and meticulous attention to detail.
We need someone who can adapt to change in a very fast-moving environment. You'll be contributing at least 2 articles weekly and there is scope for more work.
Our articles require a detailed understanding of men's style and the principles behind it. If you do not possess this understanding, you must have the ability to research thoroughly.
Our company runs on Central Standard Time and you must be able to adhere to deadlines without exception.
- You will be provided with a detailed brief for each article. Each article is between 1000-2000 words and you must be able to provide us with a completed article within 24 hours of receiving the assignment.
- You must be able to write to a native American English level and you must have a basic grasp of SEO.
- You should have an understanding of Google Documents. It would be great if you understand WordPress too.
- We aim to produce the best articles on men's style you'll find anywhere online and we want you to be confident you can deliver this quality of work.
- Your blogs will be reviewed and you must be prepared to take feedback and implement it with a quick turnaround.
- Our writers are paid between $100-$200 per article (depending on the quality of the article). You will be paid twice monthly via PayPal. You must invoice us twice a month – on the 13th and 27th.
- Authoritative – We are the experts on the subjects we write about.
- Friendly and informal – Speak as if you're talking to a male friend and explain the concept in a way that is easy to understand and never demeaning to his intelligence.
- Detailed and specific – Use specific terminology relating to the menswear and grooming industries. E.g., Bespoke, armscye, trouser break, eyelet, etc.
- Science & History backed – If you can pull in a relevant and interesting fact from research papers or History, please do so. It gives us credibility and makes the information more engaging.
- Knowledgeable but clear – Don't use words most people won't understand (e.g. don't use the word ‘discombobulate' in place of ‘confuse'). Our content needs to be accessible and understandable.
- Avoid slang, swearing or language that could offend a reasonable person.
- Avoid any reference to politics or religion unless used in a historical reference.
- We are concise – Avoid generalities and superfluous sentences. If the point can be made in 15 words vs. 50, go with the shorter. Avoid overusing commas.
- A professional, successful, articulate and educated man who is missing something in his life. It may be the job he wants, the wife/partner he wants or the income he wants.
- He has identified that in order to reach his goals and become the best version of himself, he needs to improve his appearance.
- He wants to dress sharp but does not want to look flashy, trendy, or pretentious. He does not want to feel like a fashion victim.
- He is logical, practical and enjoys understanding the details, nuances and science behind men's style. He is interested in History, research, analysis and facts.
To be considered for this role, we need you to create an Audition Article based on our Audition Brief (link below). We are looking for strong points, structure and clarity.
Once you have completed your Audition Article, please fill in your details below, attach it in PDF format and click SUBMIT. We'll then review it and reach out via email!