We’re looking for a writer who’s experienced in writing long-form articles and web pages. We have a lot of current content that needs to be improved and lengthened. Pages will be about our site’s current products, including metal garages, carports, canopies, storage sheds, barns, steel framing, ADU’s, sustainable housing and more.
The initial project is comprised of about 50 pages that will be written as long-form content — 2000+ words per page. In addition to writing, marketing/promotion skills are needed as a lot of the content is aimed at encouraging users to make a purchase or contact us.
We also need a writer who has experience in semantic on-page SEO writing (I will provide help here) and can help build our overall content strategy. We also need someone who will be available to discuss project details — when needed — by phone.
Our goal for you individually would be an output of 3,000-6,000 words per week. Here are some of the skills we are hoping you have, or are in the process of learning:
- Producing long-form content (2000+ words a page)
- Keyword research — identifying relevant and unique phrases that we can create pages around with the goal of getting them ranked
- Competitive analyses — identifying top-performing pages and keywords that are relevant to our business and create new content that’s better
- Promotional outreach — ideas and strategies to promote our content on authoritative websites to help it get links and shares
- How how to organize content on a web page so it ranks for specific keywords — prioritizing main keywords plus using topic-specific, secondary keywords
We’re looking for a long-term fit. Over time, there will be opportunities to create content for:
- Informational pages
- Blog posts
With your proposal, please send 2-5 links to pages you’ve produced — preferably that rank in search engines — and examples of your work.
I really look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your time thus far.