Each month millions of people visit TheDrive.com for the latest in automotive news and transportation technology. From electric and autonomous vehicles to motorcycles and Nascar — nothing is off limits! Since 2011, we have worked to build a very loyal readership and social following across all platforms.
This year we are turning our attention to product reviews (e.g. best snowmobile boots, best driving gloves, best road flares) to help simplify purchasing decisions for our readers and are looking to grow our team.
We need skilled proofreaders who know more than the difference between “there,” “their,” and “they’re.” Our proofreaders ensure that the nitty-gritty grammar details are flawless in each review we publish. You will be a part of the greater editorial team that maintains the content quality of The Drive.
Please CLEARLY answer these 2 questions with your application (or it will be ignored):
- Are you familiar with The Drive?
- Do you have experience proofreading to correct surface errors like spelling, punctuation, tense consistency, and other grammatical details?
- Attention to detail with review and style guidelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of two years of experience as a proofreader and/or editor.
- Experience writing or editing automotive content.
- Experience with product reviews (automotive or otherwise).
- Remote position
- 5-10 hours per week
- Paid once per week on Fridays
- Rate: $20 per ~2,000 word review