Autolist allows car buyers to search multiple car shopping sites and dealer inventory in one place, with the highest-rated car- shopping app in both the iOS and Android app stores. We make finding your perfect car easy.
What We Need
Autolist is looking for US-based automotive freelance writers to create useful and compelling content for consumers looking to purchase a vehicle in addition to useful tips for owners looking to maintain or sell their current ride. This encompasses a wide variety of automotive content, including:
- Technical automotive reviews and information
- Comparisons of vehicles
- Vehicle maintenance and repairs
- New or used car purchasing process
- Automotive financing and budgeting
Who You Are
You’re passionate about cars and love to geek out on the details, whether it’s automotive tech or the nitty-gritty process around purchasing, financing or selling cars. You’re an experienced writer who can work under deadlines and can regularly submit clean, accurate copy. You love to help people and make sure others have the best possible information at-hand to make informed decisions about their next vehicle, one of the biggest purchases most people make in their lives.
- US-Based - You should be a US-based writer with knowledge of the US automotive industry and the vehicles sold there.
- Excellent Writer - First and foremost, you love writing and have outstanding grammar. You’re fluent in English. You have experience meeting deadlines, word counts and sticking to assigned topics.
- Deep Automotive Knowledge - Have detailed knowledge about the automotive industry and a passion for automotive tech and the buying / selling process.
- Thorough Researcher & Fast Learner - Can quickly research new vehicles on your own, learn what’s important to our audience and write a compelling article.
- Can Write in Our Style - Our primary audience is car shoppers, so you know how to write in a helpful, objective and friendly style that isn’t totally devoid of a little personality but isn’t bogged down with wonky details or references that the average consumer won’t understand. Think Edmunds or Consumer Reports (as opposed to Jalopnik or Road and Track, whom we love).
We have a steady stream of content we’re producing on a variety of automotive topics, usually ranging from 1,000 to 3,000 words. If you’re available for an assignment and it fits your background, you’ll be able to pick it up (each assignment will have unique requirements and payment amounts).
How to Apply
If you’re interested in writing for Autolist, please visit fill out the Google form at the link provided.