- Native English speaker
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- You’ll write outlines in order to repurpose existing articles into other content types (books, slides, infographics, videos) - Essentially, we’re looking to create “article recaps” that people can quickly consume on the go without having to read the full post.
- Plan & execute content strategy
- Publish our weekly newsletter. Maintain Drip sequence emails. We have email courses as well as specific sequences we send to new leads as well as existing subscribers.
- Draft actionable briefs for blog posts, long-form content, and newsletter
- Draft irresistible headlines
- Provide actionable & constructive feedback
- Polish our writer’s copy for clarity, grammar & length
- Treat fact-checking like the life and death matter it ought to be
- Spot sloppy errors, assumptions & cliches a mile off
- Ensure that our content is of the very highest quality
- Good communicator (remote work is otherwise impossible)
- Happy working solo (ie, without micromanaging or nagging)
- Well organized (ie, deadlines get met, without excuses or exceptions)
- Rocksteady reliable – your word is your bond
- Basic WordPress skills
- You have had some ecommerce exposure - either you’ve run your own ecommerce store or worked for someone who has
This is a half-time salary position so we are looking for an editor available 20 hours per week. There are no set hours, and you can work when you choose. We don’t micro-manage; you will be expected to meet deadlines without exception, and without us hassling you.
- Slack, for teamwork & day-to-day chat
- Trello, for project management and publishing schedule
- Google Docs/Google Sheets for collaborate documents
- WordPress to power our website
- Buffer for social media scheduling
- We’re a growing Analytics&CRO agency focusing on ecommerce. You’ll learn a great deal and grow. We’ll invest in your skills and provide training opportunities. There is a huge potential for growth for the right person.
- You’ll enjoy working in a great atmosphere with a completely flat hierarchy. We are all remote.
- Work when it suits you. We focus on getting things done and don’t care when you do it as long as it’s on time.
- You will be well compensated (this is a half-time salary position so we are looking for you to be available 20 hours per week.)
- A 4-5 sentence introduction explaining why you think you would be a good fit;
- Three URLs showcasing your editing work related to the internet or digital marketing.
- Format your subject line as follows:
Your Name | Editor
Example: John Doe | Editor