Give me 31 Days and I’ll Give You a Better Blog
Hi there – it’s Darren Rowse from ProBlogger here.
Numerous years ago I put together a series of 31 blog posts on the ProBlogger blog that gave my readers a different short exercise each day for a month that was designed to help develop good blogging habits and improve their blog.
The series was so successful that I repeated it a year or so later and then later turned it into an eBook that has been downloaded tens of thousands of times since.
31DBBB: The Podcast
When I started the ProBlogger podcast I decided to take the 31 exercises and turn them into 31 podcast episodes as the first month of podcasts on my podcast.
The response was amazing. Over 125,000 downloads of episodes in the first month and an amazing amount of positive feedback from bloggers.
Best of all… all 31 days are completely free!
Keep in mind – these podcasts are mainly between 10-20 minutes long and each contain an activity to DO to improve your blog.
While they’re all about teaching you something about blogging the people who get most out of this process spend as much time actioning what they learn as learning.
There are a number of ways you can access this series.
Firstly it’s all in iTunes. Simply go to our iTunes page here and scroll back to Episode 0 and then work your way backwards. I encourage you to subscribe in iTunes to also get notified of all future episodes of the ProBlogger Podcast.
Lastly below I’m listing all 31 episode shownotes. Each one has an option to play the episode concerned as well as other further reading, links mentioned in the show and any other relevant information you need to complete the challenge.
- Episode 0 – Welcome to the ProBlogger Podcast and 31DBBB
- Episode 1: How to Create an Elevator Pitch for Your Blog
- Episode 2: How to Write a List Post
- Episode 3: How to Find New Readers for Your Blog
- Episode 4: How to Improve Your Blog by Watching What Other Bloggers Do
- Episode 5: How to Convert a Casual Blog Reader into a Loyal Long Term Raving Fan
- Episode 6: How to Get Your Blog Mobile Friendly
- Episode 7: How to Create a Link Post for Your Blog
- Episode 8: How to Build An Effective Social Media Strategy for Your Blog
- Episode 9: How to Build Your Profile and Drive Traffic to your Blog Through Forums and Social Media Groups
- Episode 10: How to never run out of ideas for blog posts and be aware of latest developments in your niche
- Episode 11: How to Come Up with Hundreds of Blog Post Ideas for Your Blog
- Episode 12: How to Create an Editorial Calendar for your Blog
- Episode 13: How Going Shopping Can Improve Your Blogging
- Episode 14: How to Update Key Pages or Hot Posts on Your Blog
- Episode 15: How to Improve Your Blog by Partnering with a Blogging Buddy
- Episode 16: How to Improve Your Blog by Solving a Reader’s Problem
- Episode 17: How to Improve Your Blog by Watching a First Time Reader
- Episode 18: How to Create a Page That Propels People Deep Within Your Blog
- Episode 19: How to Write an Opinion Post to Draw People in to Your Blog
- Episode 20: How to Leave Comments on Other Blogs
- Episode 21: How to Conduct a Policy Review For Your Blog
- Episode 22: How to Pay Special Attention to a Reader
- Episode 23: How to Write a Post That Contains a Call to Action
- Episode 24: How to Use a Magazine to Improve Your Blog
- Episode 25: How to Ask Your Blog Readers a Question
- Episode 26: Spend 15 Minutes Improving Someone Else’s Blog
- Episode 27: How to Update Old Posts In Your Archives (including how to find Broken Links)
- Episode 28: How to Write a Review Post
- Episode 29: How to Develop a Plan to Grow Your Readership
- Episode 30: How to Dig Into Your Blog’s Google Analytics Stats
- Episode 31: How to Plan Your Next Month of Blogging
These 32 episodes are just the start of the ProBlogger podcast. While these were daily episodes from now on I’ll be publishing 2 podcasts a week. To get notified of when they come out subscribe in iTunes and/or subscribe to our ProBloggerPLUS newsletter.